Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WWYD Pre-Nup??? EDIT

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 99 Replies
We are Getting married in about 6 months and today my DF whipped out the Pre-Nup talk at me out of nowhere. I think that if you feel that you need to have a prenuptial agreement than you have no business getting married in the first place. Marriage to me is a forever commitment and shouldn't be taken lightly. I'm confused about what to do....... **** I talked to DF for about 3 hours this morning. After we found that there wouldnt be a solution or compromise we have desided to call off the wedding and go our separate ways. It's not the result I wanted for my family but I can't be with a man who does not trust me enough to marry me without an escape route.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2013 at 2:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommysangelface
by Emerald Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 2:21 AM
1 mom liked this
Is it really that big a deal.

It protects the parties involved in case

And if marriage is forever to you then I don't see a problem
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ff-princess
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 2:24 AM
4 moms liked this
if marriage is forever, then a prenuptial won't matter because you'll never use it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
armywifey26
by Krissy on Mar. 19, 2013 at 2:24 AM
1 mom liked this

this

Quoting mommysangelface:

Is it really that big a deal.

It protects the parties involved in case

And if marriage is forever to you then I don't see a problem

DieselsMom
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 2:26 AM

depends, what does he want it to say

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2013 at 2:28 AM

My husband did that and he didnt end up having me sign it, it was all because of his dad! My husband had a little money in a savings account, not a huge amount, but some and my FIL told my husband I was marrying him for his money and to be careful!

1. I didnt even know the man had the money!

2. Im still married to the fool and the money was used to buy our house so it doesnt exsist anymore!

3. What the hell was his father thinking, he about caused the marriage not to happen, which, was probably the plan!

I dont think its a big deal, unless your future FIL is running around saying your a gold digger! 

phoebe81
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 2:29 AM
2 moms liked this

The argument that "if it's forever, it doesn't matter" doesn't exactly sit well with me. It's not a matter of my opinion on marriage. It's the fact that the fiance is bringing up a "just in case" scenario six months before the wedding.

My husband and I didn't have a pre-nup, but we didn't have anything we needed to protect. I can see the logical reasoning behind it in some cases, but when it comes right down to it, I hate them. Why does he want to hold something back from your marriage? Why isn't he thinking "forever"? I can see why you're confused. I don't have any answers for you other than that I'd think long and hard about what you're getting in to and I'd spend a LOT of time talking to your fiance about your future. I'd also seriously consider pre-marital counseling. 

I'm not saying these things because I think you should call off the wedding. I just think you should know exactly where you both stand and feel 100% confident in your decision. Marriage IS a lifelong commitment. Don't go into it with blinders on.

Lovemyshadows
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 2:29 AM
1 mom liked this

What does he have that he needs a pre-nup?

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Mar. 19, 2013 at 2:30 AM

At this point in my life I would NOT get married without one. When I was younger I wouldn't care about one

Does it really matter that much to you....if so y'all need to sit down and discuss it thoroughly

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 19, 2013 at 2:30 AM

Quoting DieselsMom:

depends, what does he want it to say

He wants the house mostly. Which wouldn't piss me off that much if he didn't work out of state so he wouldn't be there anyway. I would get custody of our kids because he isn't here nd I would have to move them to new schools if he took the house. No matter who files or why, he wants "his" house.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 19, 2013 at 2:31 AM

Quoting Lovemyshadows:

What does he have that he needs a pre-nup?

Trucks, tools, and other crap I have no use for.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured