Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't get it. Calling all CM doctors...

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:43 AM
  • 15 Replies

I'm hungry all the time and if I don't eat, I get sick...nauseous, dizzy, light headed due to low blood sugar (I'm hypoglycemic). I'm not pregnant, my thyroid is good, my sugar is good as long as I eat, blood pressure is good, my heart is good, and I'm not on any medication. I am overweight and I try not to eat all the time, but I have to give in when I start feeling ill. Anyone know what could be causing this? Doctors can't figure me out. All tests come back normal except for: I have seizure disorder (absence--no I don't take meds because I had horrible reactions to 4 different meds and my doctors are scared to try anything else), sleep apnea, hypoglycemia, and ulcers. Any ideas?? Thanks!

by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
zaftigmama
by Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:45 AM

PCOS, Polycystic Ovary Syndrome can cause hypoglycemia and make it difficult to lose weight.

RissyLee
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Why not just eat healthier options at meals and between meals? Have a salad or some chopped raw veggies/fruits between meals and if you have seconds at meals then make it seconds of veggies (not the carbs or protein). Eat healthy fats- nuts, avocados, etc.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RissyLee
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:51 AM
I don't know of any medical options, I just remember my mom always saying that I can eat as many veggies as I wanted and not worry about the calories or fat. If you're hungry and having to eat something, then choose the option with 25 calories instead of 200.
LexsMami
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:53 AM

I just looked that up. I have had cysts in the past due to issues with birth control. Most of my weight is due to taking birth control (depo--60-70lbs) and from Vimpat (a seizure med) that made me gain 30 pounds. It has been hard to lose that weight, but since I stopped taking depo in November, it has been a bit easier. I haven't had a period since though...or in 3 years at all due to depo. 

I don't have any of the other symptoms though like the virilization issues that were mentioned...I have none of those. 

Website I looked at for PCOS symptoms: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001408/

Allinorder
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:59 AM

Im going to start this with husband and kids. My husband eats a lot. He snacks all day long. I want to remove the junk food and give everyone fruits and veggies. I had my husband on a diet before. He would skip breakfast. Eat a salad with tuna in it and then eat whatever for dinner. He was not allowed soda. He could drink all the coffee he wanted and it worked wonders on him. We are going to be doing this again soon. My husband does have hyperglycemia.

Quoting RissyLee:

I don't know of any medical options, I just remember my mom always saying that I can eat as many veggies as I wanted and not worry about the calories or fat. If you're hungry and having to eat something, then choose the option with 25 calories instead of 200.

LexsMami
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 5:02 AM

Quoting RissyLee:

That is good advice and I do and will try harder to follow it. I am just worried there is some other issue. 

zaftigmama
by Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 5:03 AM

Almost every dietician agrees that you should never skip breakfast when dieting. Breakfast is the most important meal.

Quoting Allinorder:

Im going to start this with husband and kids. My husband eats a lot. He snacks all day long. I want to remove the junk food and give everyone fruits and veggies. I had my husband on a diet before. He would skip breakfast. Eat a salad with tuna in it and then eat whatever for dinner. He was not allowed soda. He could drink all the coffee he wanted and it worked wonders on him. We are going to be doing this again soon. My husband does have hyperglycemia.

Quoting RissyLee:

Allinorder
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 5:04 AM

Maybe a fiber breakfast? Raisen bran and oatmeal?

Quoting zaftigmama:

Almost every dietician agrees that you should never skip breakfast when dieting. Breakfast is the most important meal.

Quoting Allinorder:

Quoting RissyLee:

RissyLee
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 5:06 AM
Everyone will feel better with cutting out the junk and coke. It's hard, especially the coke. And no skipping breakfast!!

Quoting Allinorder:

Quoting RissyLee:

yo_ho
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 5:07 AM

Anemia? 

I got dizzy and light headed when I tried to cut my carbs too low too fast. Eventually I would eat the carbs again or toughen through it and eventually my body balanced out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured