Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

adhesions.

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:36 AM
  • 24 Replies

Have you had them?

How was surgery?

Did surgery help?

Recovery time? 

by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
audreesmama
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:37 AM
Nope. My bil had them from a botched circ. So glad we left my son intact! Bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kaygarcia97
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:38 AM
I have them. My bladder is attached to my uterus
ajrjj05
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:40 PM

how did they find out, did you have it fixed?

I am having lots of pain in my upper stomach area, I worry about pancreas cancer!!!<< I am such a worry bug!! But I have had two surgires gallbadder and herina I was told by my doctor I my have adhesions. They hurt so bad!!!! The pain is always there.. I see a surgeron next week. 

Quoting kaygarcia97:

kaygarcia97
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:50 PM
I have not had it fixed yet, I am going to see my gynecologic surgeon on Friday in Charleston. I am looking at a hysterectomy for other reasons as well, not just the adhesions. The pain is awful isn't it! Nothing really relives it either.

I had my gallbladder removed 9/1/12 after four years of issues. I just want my uterus removed due to the health issues its caused.

Eta: it was found during an ultrasound and physical examination.

Quoting ajrjj05:

I am having lots of pain in my upper stomach area, I worry about pancreas cancer!!!<< I am such a worry bug!! But I have had two surgires gallbadder and herina I was told by my doctor I my have adhesions. They hurt so bad!!!! The pain is always there.. I see a surgeron next week. 

Quoting kaygarcia97:

ajrjj05
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:02 PM

I wonder if they will do a ultrasound on my upper stomach. It just sucks this is happening now, I start a new job tomorrow and I have to see a sugeron friday. My mil told me not to tell the new job yet cause they may not let me work, just wait to see what surgeron says. I think it is far to tell them.. what do you think? It is pre diem home care job?

Quoting kaygarcia97:

I have not had it fixed yet, I am going to see my gynecologic surgeon on Friday in Charleston. I am looking at a hysterectomy for other reasons as well, not just the adhesions. The pain is awful isn't it! Nothing really relives it either.

I had my gallbladder removed 9/1/12 after four years of issues. I just want my uterus removed due to the health issues its caused.

Quoting ajrjj05:

Quoting kaygarcia97:

kaygarcia97
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:05 PM
I would wait to see what your surgeon says if the surgery isn't an immediate need then it can be scheduled a month or so in advance. It also depends on the area of the adhesions. Since mine is uterine they will do an open abdominal procedure. That means I will be under strict no lifting over 5lbs for about six weeks. If its laparoscopic, which yours probably will be, the lifting restrictions are much lower.

Quoting ajrjj05:

I wonder if they will do a ultrasound on my upper stomach. It just sucks this is happening now, I start a new job tomorrow and I have to see a sugeron friday. My mil told me not to tell the new job yet cause they may not let me work, just wait to see what surgeron says. I think it is far to tell them.. what do you think? It is pre diem home care job?

Quoting kaygarcia97:

Quoting ajrjj05:

Quoting kaygarcia97:

VannaMae307
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:09 PM

I have been told it's a possibility that I have them since I have chronic abdominal pain and nobody can figure out why since all my labs are normal. bump for others

ajrjj05
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:23 PM

same thing!! Some days it is like a stabbing, some days it hurts when I am hurgry.. But always something is bothering me. Have you had any surgeries? I will keep you posted.

Quoting VannaMae307:

I have been told it's a possibility that I have them since I have chronic abdominal pain and nobody can figure out why since all my labs are normal. bump for others

VannaMae307
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:24 PM

I had my gallbladder removed in may 2012 and appendectomy in january 2013. I had the pain before the appendectomy but after the gallbladder surgery...

Quoting ajrjj05:

same thing!! Some days it is like a stabbing, some days it hurts when I am hurgry.. But always something is bothering me. Have you had any surgeries? I will keep you posted.

Quoting VannaMae307:

ajrjj05
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:24 PM

Thanks :) I mean I start wed, home care.. How many hours am I really going to have between wed and friday? They told me I would have 5-10 for next week. I could always call them Monday and talk to the nurse. Two nurses are my supervisiors I am sure they will understand.

Quoting kaygarcia97:

I would wait to see what your surgeon says if the surgery isn't an immediate need then it can be scheduled a month or so in advance. It also depends on the area of the adhesions. Since mine is uterine they will do an open abdominal procedure. That means I will be under strict no lifting over 5lbs for about six weeks. If its laparoscopic, which yours probably will be, the lifting restrictions are much lower.

Quoting ajrjj05:

Quoting kaygarcia97:

Quoting ajrjj05:

Quoting kaygarcia97:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)