Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I've been cheating on my husband for 5 months... ***UPDATE!!!***

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 131 Replies

liarI can't believe that this is what my marriage has become. It's only been two years and the spark left right before "I do". My DH was a completely different person when we were dating. Once I moved myself and my girls with him, he became a different person. I was introduced to a man that is around our age that grew up with him. I feel horrible because the way I expected to feel about my DH, I feel about this man. My heart beats fast when I think about him and it scares the hell out of me. I feel like we are soulmates...he understands me and the struggles I've been through. I can't see myself with DH any longer because I realize that I can be happy with someone I don't have to pretend to like. The sex is the most amazing thing I have ever felt and I can't do anything about it...because I'm stuck in this marriage right now.

********** Just wanted to thank ALL of you ladies for the feedback. I am no stranger here, so I expected the judgement and name calling, but I was also hopeful for words of advice. My husband and I have been seperated for a few months now but we are still living together. As roomates, like one poster said on here yesterday. It was almost as if writing this post was the wake up call I needed. I know I need to end this affair for my sanity and my husband's heart because no matter what happened, he didn't deserve this. It's so hard because, believe it or not, I have developed actual feelings for this other man and he the same. He has told me he loves me and I don't want to hurt him either. But, the reality is, someone is going to get hurt and it very well may be me.  I am planning to tell him and I will let you know when I do. Thankfully, I did recieve some great advice yesterday and I am ready to face whatever comes because of this.***********

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LaughingCheetah
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:46 AM
8 moms liked this
Do your DH a favor and tell HIM....not us. Why did you even marry him if the spark left before you said your I Do's?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lwalker270
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Why are you stuck in a marriage?  

I don't know what you were hoping to get from this post, but it most likely won't be empathy.

etsmom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:46 AM
8 moms liked this

You aren't stuck. You can always leave. Divorce is a lot kinder than destroying your husband and lying to everyone.

LaughingCheetah
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:47 AM
1 mom liked this
I bet the spark didn't leave till you started talking to the other guy?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
s.osborne
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:48 AM
1 mom liked this

DIVORCE. NOW.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:49 AM

Quoting LaughingCheetah:

Do your DH a favor and tell HIM....not us. Why did you even marry him if the spark left before you said your I Do's?

I plan on it. I married him because I loved him and I hoped that once we completed our marriage counseling  he would understand what I believed could be a potential problem and work with me to fix it. Unfortunately that didn't happen.

VintageWife
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Seriously?

curlycupcake
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:50 AM
5 moms liked this
What you're doing is wrong, despicable, and shameful. The ONLY thing to do is confess, dissolve your marriage and let your husband move on with what dignity he can muster.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:50 AM

divorce

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:50 AM

No, I don't need people to empathize or whatever. You can feel how you'd like to feel. I just needed to vent. Truly, I wouldn't mind if no one responded. it felt good to get it off my chest some kind of way. Kind of like building up the courage for the inevitable

Quoting lwalker270:

Why are you stuck in a marriage?  

I don't know what you were hoping to get from this post, but it most likely won't be empathy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)