Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you agree with this?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:02 PM
Replies (71-79):
kayla912
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 2:50 PM

i agree

Mabuka
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 2:51 PM
Absolutely.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smurfbitebug
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 2:53 PM
1 mom liked this
I disagree with all of this. I have, at times, disagreed with audreesmama, but she has also consistently been able to hold reasonable conversations with me across the board. I think someone has become butthurt and a little hostile, and I don't think it's audreesmama.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

You quote people who don't care to have a discussion with you.

Quoting audreesmama:

That's not lame to me, at all. My kids are both huge, yes. They're also very tall. Your point?

I discuss things that are important to me. Isn't that what we all do?

And you've given yourself away ;). I know who you are.

Quoting Anonymous:

Actually you argue lame things. Like giving a six month old baby baby food. When in reality an average baby is cognitively ready for it. Then when presented with an article stating why some are recommended to wait you ignore it. I saw the weight of your six month old in a different post, WAY above average!

Quoting audreesmama:

Because I am blunt. My opinion is just that. I don't sugarcoat it and I don't hide behind anon. For that reason, I am called names when people disagree with me. I refuse to stoop to they level, and that pisses them off further.

Quoting Anonymous:

How can you be so nice and giving to people in real life but feel the need to be a "rabid bitch" online?

Quoting audreesmama:

I do agree. I might seem like a rabid bitch on here, but we tithe to various charities, not churches. I grant wishes on WUAH all the time. I make it a point to give, not take.

I was just curious what other people thought.

Quoting LyTe684:

Hhmm.. Very interesting... I actually think I agree... How about you, OP?

calcalmommy
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 2:54 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree and think this applies situations other then animals.
audreesmama
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 2:56 PM
Cool :-). I'm glad we found some common ground.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting audreesmama:

Yes.

audreesmama
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 2:59 PM
Thank you. I have learned so, so much on this board. These moms have encouraged me to open my eyes and shut my mouth sometimes. You have all exposed me to something I don't see in my everyday life, and I can honestly say I'm better for it. I appreciate everyone who has something constructive to say, especially if they disagree with me respectfully. I, like most, want to learn and grow and this is essential.

As far as the anons...I wonder if all the anons who hate me are the same person lol.

Quoting smurfbitebug:

I disagree with all of this. I have, at times, disagreed with audreesmama, but she has also consistently been able to hold reasonable conversations with me across the board. I think someone has become butthurt and a little hostile, and I don't think it's audreesmama.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting audreesmama:

That's not lame to me, at all. My kids are both huge, yes. They're also very tall. Your point?

Quoting Anonymous:

Actually you argue lame things. Like giving a six month old baby baby food. When in reality an average baby is cognitively ready for it. Then when presented with an article stating why some are recommended to wait you ignore it. I saw the weight of your six month old in a different post, WAY above average!

Quoting audreesmama:

Because I am blunt. My opinion is just that. I don't sugarcoat it and I don't hide behind anon. For that reason, I am called names when people disagree with me. I refuse to stoop to they level, and that pisses them off further.

Quoting Anonymous:

How can you be so nice and giving to people in real life but feel the need to be a "rabid bitch" online?

Quoting audreesmama:

I do agree. I might seem like a rabid bitch on here, but we tithe to various charities, not churches. I grant wishes on WUAH all the time. I make it a point to give, not take.

Quoting LyTe684:

audreesmama
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 3:00 PM
Thank you. I would be ashamed to say such vile things, and so is the anon since she had to hide.

Quoting Mom2KIL:

First of all, I think people who are negative, rude, and insensitive and go anon are pathetic. I call them chicken dumps! Secondly, I don't necessarily agree with everything that the OP states but I think bringing someone's children into an adult argument is ridiculous and childish. Her children's weight has nothing to do with this post. And yes, I have the guts not to be another anon!

Quoting audreesmama:

...then don't reply, or send me a message and tell me you don't want to talk. Otherwise, how do I know whose feelings I may hurt?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting audreesmama:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting audreesmama:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting audreesmama:

Quoting LyTe684:

Zacksmama82411
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 7:11 PM
I 10000% agree... I also love the quote "I give, not because I have. But because I know what its like to not have." I have to drill it into DHs head, but he's finally catching on :) I'm hoping to teach DS the same as he gets older, so that he truly understands. (Rather than him just learning the quote, if that makes sense)

Quoting LucyHarper:

Yes. Which is why I teach my kids to do the right thing because its the right thing to do and to help people because they can, not bribe them so they learn to do the right thing because they get something out of it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2013 at 1:14 PM
I agree, when we give and help others, it should come from our hearts not expecting something in return. When we do this God will bless us and if he doesn't our compassion for others is a blessing.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured