Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What brought you to CM?

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:15 PM
  • 52 Replies

Hi ladies!

I am snowed in here today so I have time on my hands while I get DD to take her nap.  

I am just wondering what brought you all to CM?  What do you enjoy about it?  What do you not like about it?  What do you look for in a group?

I came to CM after I was given the boot from Babycenter (They have way too many rules over there and the groups are really tight knit).  I was working all of the time and just wanted other moms to talk to who might understand me.  I never thought I would see half the stuff that is posted here.  I never knew how much women would hate on other women who are on PA or not making choices they would make.  

I have my own group now and I like it there.  I do venture out now and then though since it seems that there is always something funny to read here and elsewhere.  

by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pink.Sunshine
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:15 PM

rejection from Babycenter. I needed another outlet. Come to find out the set up here is better and the rules aren't as rigid.

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:16 PM

Myspace ad back in 2007.  Curiosity brought me here :P  Lol...  I got a lot more than I bargained for though!  Made a lot of awesome friends along the way ♥

ThatSkinnyGirl
by FAT on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:16 PM
Also another babycenter reject here. Those assholes will boot anyone!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
blues_pagan
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:16 PM

What groups did you belong to over at BBC?

Quoting Pink.Sunshine:

rejection from Babycenter. I needed another outlet. Come to find out the set up here is better and the rules aren't as rigid.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:16 PM
Ha this.. it was my October 09 group.

Quoting Pink.Sunshine:

ThatSkinnyGirl
by FAT on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:16 PM
How long ago did you get the boot? I wonder I we knew each other in a past life.

Quoting Pink.Sunshine:

blues_pagan
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Tell me about it, I was booted for "disrupting the community".  I posted there like I do here...how is that a disruption...Oh that's right I am not part of the club there.

Quoting ThatSkinnyGirl:

Also another babycenter reject here. Those assholes will boot anyone!

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:17 PM

Like this awesome lady who got me wanting to learn to make siggies.  Now, that gives me another good outlet to use my creativity and learn new things ;)

Quoting Pink.Sunshine:

ThatSkinnyGirl
by FAT on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:17 PM
Hahaha I was GO in Nov 09. You guys had a reputation over there!

Quoting Anonymous:

Ha this.. it was my October 09 group.

Quoting Pink.Sunshine:

missymackie
by Mrs. Dixon on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:17 PM
An ad on Facebook
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)