Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How long did it take you to get over your ex?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies

If you would please answer the question.

Here's my story. I've been with my ex on and off for 3 years.  I think this time we are actually done. I love him with all my heart and can't imagine being with anyone else. I think about him all the time and usually lay in bed and cry. We are both very toxic for each other. We have issues between us. I hooked up with someone else to maybe get over my ex. That didn't work. All I thought about was my ex during sex and that made me feel guilty. I started crying in the middle of it and told the guy to get off of me. What should I do to get over him?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
randomosityblog
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:32 PM

There was only one ex I even gave a shit about, and it took me a while to get over him but it was more of the thought of him.. not actually his lying ass.

SterlingHeart
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:32 PM

the first man i married was the first man i ever had sex with - he was amazing to me and I loved him inside and out.  I have never gotten over the loss of that "relationship" him as a man has changed and I don't have an ounce of attraction to HIM --- it is the memory of once we once shared together that I miss and ache for.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:32 PM
1 mom liked this

24 hours. He isnt worth my time, thoughts, or emotions. Once he became an ex he remained an ex.

s.osborne
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:33 PM

It takes time I'm assuming. I was with my ex DF on and off for 3 years and we broke up for the last time about 3 months ago. I still think about him all the time and I still love him, but the hate is more than anything else so that helps LOL

hp2011
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:34 PM
First ex took me 24 hours. I tasted freedom for the first time in years at 19 and I never wanted to go back. I'm already over my current SO. Lol jk. I love him.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Pink.Sunshine
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:35 PM

My first love? I'll never completely be over him per se. True love never dies. I don't constantly think about him or anything but he'll always have a very miniscule place in my heart.

s.osborne
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Exactly. I'm so fucking pissed that he turned out to be such a dick. I think we had real potential and we would've been so amazing together if he hadn't cheated.

Quoting randomosityblog:

There was only one ex I even gave a shit about, and it took me a while to get over him but it was more of the thought of him.. not actually his lying ass.

Dee0886
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:36 PM

I only had to get over one ex..it took me about 6 months to be able to think about him without getting sad or upset. 

Wife to an amazing, loving, and respectful man. Mommy to a handsome man who gets his kicks from making others smile, and a beautiful little girl with an old soul and nurturing spirit. Expecting in May.

s.osborne
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:37 PM

I agree. He's like my brother now.

Quoting Pink.Sunshine:

My first love? I'll never completely be over him per se. True love never dies. I don't constantly think about him or anything but he'll always have a very miniscule place in my heart.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:38 PM
2 moms liked this

I got over him when she got under him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)