Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How long did it take you to get over your ex?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies

If you would please answer the question.

Here's my story. I've been with my ex on and off for 3 years.  I think this time we are actually done. I love him with all my heart and can't imagine being with anyone else. I think about him all the time and usually lay in bed and cry. We are both very toxic for each other. We have issues between us. I hooked up with someone else to maybe get over my ex. That didn't work. All I thought about was my ex during sex and that made me feel guilty. I started crying in the middle of it and told the guy to get off of me. What should I do to get over him?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
randomosityblog
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:32 PM

There was only one ex I even gave a shit about, and it took me a while to get over him but it was more of the thought of him.. not actually his lying ass.

SterlingHeart
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:32 PM

the first man i married was the first man i ever had sex with - he was amazing to me and I loved him inside and out.  I have never gotten over the loss of that "relationship" him as a man has changed and I don't have an ounce of attraction to HIM --- it is the memory of once we once shared together that I miss and ache for.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:32 PM
1 mom liked this

24 hours. He isnt worth my time, thoughts, or emotions. Once he became an ex he remained an ex.

s.osborne
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:33 PM

It takes time I'm assuming. I was with my ex DF on and off for 3 years and we broke up for the last time about 3 months ago. I still think about him all the time and I still love him, but the hate is more than anything else so that helps LOL

hp2011
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:34 PM
First ex took me 24 hours. I tasted freedom for the first time in years at 19 and I never wanted to go back. I'm already over my current SO. Lol jk. I love him.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Pink.Sunshine
by Wicked on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:35 PM

My first love? I'll never completely be over him per se. True love never dies. I don't constantly think about him or anything but he'll always have a very miniscule place in my heart.

s.osborne
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Exactly. I'm so fucking pissed that he turned out to be such a dick. I think we had real potential and we would've been so amazing together if he hadn't cheated.

Quoting randomosityblog:

There was only one ex I even gave a shit about, and it took me a while to get over him but it was more of the thought of him.. not actually his lying ass.

Dee0886
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:36 PM

I only had to get over one ex..it took me about 6 months to be able to think about him without getting sad or upset. 

Wife to an amazing, loving, and respectful man. Mommy to a handsome man who gets his kicks from making others smile, and a beautiful little girl with an old soul and nurturing spirit. Expecting in May.

s.osborne
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:37 PM

I agree. He's like my brother now.

Quoting Pink.Sunshine:

My first love? I'll never completely be over him per se. True love never dies. I don't constantly think about him or anything but he'll always have a very miniscule place in my heart.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:38 PM
2 moms liked this

I got over him when she got under him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN