Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Ladies with 3+ kids who divorced, how did you do it?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies

I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed with our pending divorce worried about afterschool and before school care and all of that. How did you manage?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:34 PM
I left him for another man who was more than willing to take us on to get us away. My ex was abusive. I have three kids, btw.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:40 PM

My best friend did it. I couldn't believe her bravery. I was by her side through it all, but to tell you the truth she didn't really even need to lean on anyone too much. She was very independent, and her kids really respected that.

Just make sure all of your tasks are done the night before, that way you can just get up and go in the mornings. Crock pots are great to have dinner ready after you get home. Kids tend to love before/after care because they can hang out with their friends, and get help on homework, etc.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:45 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

My best friend did it. I couldn't believe her bravery. I was by her side through it all, but to tell you the truth she didn't really even need to lean on anyone too much. She was very independent, and her kids really respected that.

Just make sure all of your tasks are done the night before, that way you can just get up and go in the mornings. Crock pots are great to have dinner ready after you get home. Kids tend to love before/after care because they can hang out with their friends, and get help on homework, etc.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Thre was an afterschool program at my kids school that was $10 a month. Other then that my sister helped out with my kids when I needed to worknights or weekends. I was a rough time for sure. 2 kids

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:48 PM

I have afterschool and before school here too, I want to leave this area I live in and move to another part of the city. I am wondering how that will work. I'm sure they have afterschool where ever I go.

Quoting Anonymous:

Thre was an afterschool program at my kids school that was $10 a month. Other then that my sister helped out with my kids when I needed to worknights or weekends. I was a rough time for sure. 2 kids

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN