Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

To those who intitated the divorce

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

did your ex ask you for a second chance?  was he obsessive?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:46 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2013 at 2:03 PM
My x planned and booked a family trip to Disney World after I filed. We went- it was interesting to say the least. Then about a month later, I sat him down and told him I wasn't changing my mind. That was it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 19, 2013 at 2:03 PM

i filed for divorce 3xs from the exhubby, his family made my divorce difficult...took 3 years for it to become final,  after the harassment and delaying of my divorce, his mother had the balls to call me and tell me how I should work iT out with her son      even years later after the ex dated a woman he claimed was THE BEST THING THAT EVER HAPPENED TO HIM,  < she dumped him>  , he later went to my Mom and said HE WISHES FOR a second chance <  double died laughing>  I have moved on to a great man,  but yet my ex tells my daughter how he cant get passed anoher man is with me and his kids....

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2013 at 2:05 PM
I initiated the divorce. He asked multiple times, but when I was done, I was done. He stalked me for some months, sent hateful messages to me & my new SO, etc. Finally, he got the picture.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2013 at 2:05 PM

Yes

rosaleeandtwo
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 2:05 PM
Yes he asked for a second chance. No he was not obsessive. Shortly after we split he got shipped overseas so there really wasnt opportunity (thankfully) for him to obsess.
notabosley
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 2:05 PM
Yes, and yes. I'm so glad he's no longer in my life.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2013 at 2:06 PM
Yes and yes.
angie729
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 2:07 PM

He was not obsessive except with his alcohol and drugs. He asked if we could talk about things after I had left and moved out and I said nope Im done talking.

tarakay0417
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 2:09 PM
I gave my ex several chances to change and he never did. I finally left him for good and filed for divorce in 2009.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SnapIt
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 2:10 PM
He cheated
He begged for me to stay
I stayed to work it out, but realized it wasnt my fault to fix what he broke
My initiating the divorce was his second chance.
His second chance on life, otherwise he wouldve been living in hell just like me for what he had embedded in my mind.

He never became obsessive and eventually the relationship just faded. By then we were just living everyday.
By the time the divorce was final we were on good terms and cordial and are doing what we need to do for the kids.
Its all good now
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)