Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you feel guilty about taking some "me time" for yourself? [POLL]

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you feel guilty about taking some "me time" for yourself - without your kids or partner?

Options:

Yes.

No,

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 687

View Results

by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 2:27 PM
Replies (231-239):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 25, 2013 at 5:55 PM

I did this weekend actually. After I posted about this and how I was feeling it dawned on me that how can he know how I am feeling if I just yelled it at him instead of doing the adult thing and talking about it lol.  The hubby took the nigh shift with the baby all weekend and I finally got some sleep, my mom came over and kept the baby so we got out of the house for awhile it was nice just feel like me again. I am sooo feeling like a new woman!

Quoting proudestmummy:

Sorry, that really sucks! Can you talk with him about it? Seek some help? You need some mum time. Hugs ;)

Quoting Anonymous:

Both, the hubby has been a real douche this go round.

Quoting proudestmummy:

Made to feel guilty? By your partner? Or you just feel guilty?

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes even though I am up all night with the baby, work full time (pumping every two hrs) spending the two hrs I get with my kids doing dinner, dishes, laundry, homework and picking up and not being able to sit down until bedtime. I am still made to feel guilty if I even take a couple min to pee.

mommaoftwo
by Gold Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 6:03 PM

Absolutely, mainly because nothing happens if Im not directing it. Nothing gets found if I don't find it, or tell them where it is. Kids don't get comforted unless Daddy hands them off to me, etc. ( Not that he doesn't try, he just doesn't know how to comfort)

proudestmummy
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 6:09 PM
Great!!! I'm so glad you got the break you deserved. Proud of you for actually talking with him :)

Quoting Anonymous:

I did this weekend actually. After I posted about this and how I was feeling it dawned on me that how can he know how I am feeling if I just yelled it at him instead of doing the adult thing and talking about it lol.  The hubby took the nigh shift with the baby all weekend and I finally got some sleep, my mom came over and kept the baby so we got out of the house for awhile it was nice just feel like me again. I am sooo feeling like a new woman!

Quoting proudestmummy:

Sorry, that really sucks! Can you talk with him about it? Seek some help? You need some mum time. Hugs ;)

Quoting Anonymous:

Both, the hubby has been a real douche this go round.

Quoting proudestmummy:

Made to feel guilty? By your partner? Or you just feel guilty?

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes even though I am up all night with the baby, work full time (pumping every two hrs) spending the two hrs I get with my kids doing dinner, dishes, laundry, homework and picking up and not being able to sit down until bedtime. I am still made to feel guilty if I even take a couple min to pee.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Octobersmom
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:16 AM

I homeschool my daughter who has unmedicated ADHD and ODD.  I'm with my child constantly.  If I didn't take any 'me' time at all, even just a bubble bath when I'm extremely stressed, it would be horrible for my family as well as me.

dragonqueen
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:42 AM

I used to feel bad about it. I don't anymore because I kow that I need it or I will have a nervous breakdown. I get all stressed out if I don't take some me time now and then. Its better for me and everyone else if I do.

yvonne37
by Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:48 AM

no i would feel guilty if i dont.  it is a necessity!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 22 on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:19 AM

Me time?  What's that?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 23 on Mar. 27, 2013 at 6:41 PM

The only "me" time I take is running to the bank and not letting the kids come, or taking a shower, so nothing to feel guilty about there. There's virtually nothing that I do, that I don't let the kids be involved in if they want, but luckily they are getting older and more and more deciding on their own that they don't want to do everything with me, so the "me" time is naturally just working itself out.

Baby-Grandmama
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:35 PM

figure skatingYes, but I don't let my feelings rule me.  I take my  time for me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN