Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you feel guilty about taking some "me time" for yourself? [POLL]

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you feel guilty about taking some "me time" for yourself - without your kids or partner?

Options:

Yes.

No,

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 687

View Results

by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 2:27 PM
Replies (31-40):
EvilAsh
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 3:11 PM

Nope. I didn't get out of bed til 10 am and I don't feel bad about it in the least. My kids let me sleep in and didn't torch the place, so that's good.

starlight91
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 3:12 PM

Everyone needs alone time.

mcclainprincess
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 3:13 PM
No. Not when i noticed what good it did me. And in turn, my son.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ksueditz
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 3:16 PM
Yes. I want to be a better parent to my children than my parents were to me. I strive so hard to be "perfect" I sometimes forget about me. I started an exercise program last night, that meets 3 days a week. I still feel guilty but I realize I nerd it. And maybe my dh can understand my need for time for myself.
ladyvamp5489
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 3:20 PM

Nope, as I get enough alone/me time when dh is working and kids are at school. I dont take any time for myself when they are home.

butterflycircle
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 3:22 PM

You have to take care of your self. They do not HAVE to have every second of my day. My me time is usually nap time for the kids or a relaxing hot shower after bed time for the kids. I guess that might not be the same thing.

Sometimes I play cards with family but hardly ever b/c I have 3 kids and hubby works.... I guess i would feel guilty in that sisutation. Hubby works hard all of the time and goes to school I don't want to dump the kids on him when he walks in so I can go have fun.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 19, 2013 at 3:24 PM

Sure don't!  Those little brats don't feel guilty about monopolizing every single minute of my day. lol

Meggie-May
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 3:25 PM
This is so true.

I used to feel a little guilty. But I really have, in past year or two, stopped feeling like that. The truth is, I don't get any time to do anything myself,., I'm a SAHM of 3 (my youngest is 3 and is always with me) and I have a husband who works constantly. So it's always me and the kids and when my husband is home, I'm taking care of him bc he works so hard and so often for us. So when I get a few hours by myself to do whatever, I absolutely indulge in it. Lol

Quoting mylifemylove864:

Nope.

We are unable to take care of anyone else if we don't take care of ourselves first.

Josie_P
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 3:25 PM

NEVER! Lol.

DanaG70
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 3:25 PM

Nope, and my daughter likes to kick me and my husband out every once in a while for a date night.

I usually take a week every year and go visit my friends and family in Kansas and Nebraska alone and enjoy every minute of it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)