Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you believe teens shouldn't have sex because they might get pregnant....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 54 Replies
Do you also believe they shouldn't drive because they might get into a car accident?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2013 at 3:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lindsayhoy0612
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 3:21 PM
1 mom liked this
You can't put an age on things some are more mature then others. To say a "teen" shouldn't have sex is just stupid. They can be married at 18 but can't have sex until they are 20?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 19, 2013 at 3:22 PM
2 moms liked this

Stupid analogy. Driving is a required helpful skill for life, pregnancy and sex is not.

Edited to reflect a better clearer answer.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 19, 2013 at 3:22 PM

Well haven't thought about it that way.

But my children won't drive until they are 18 anyways, so hey I will make the rule they can't have sex until then either. I will try hard to teach them that there are way more important things in life other than sex.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 19, 2013 at 3:23 PM
2 moms liked this

YES. If I could have it MY way MY kids would be in a freaking bubble always.. But such is life and if they choose to have sex I have given them all the info they need to be smart about it, just like I have given them all the proper instruction on how to safely operate a vehicle. Lets hope they are smart enough to take my advice!

rthomas_1986
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 3:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Lindsayhoy0612:

You can't put an age on things some are more mature then others. To say a "teen" shouldn't have sex is just stupid. They can be married at 18 but can't have sex until they are 20?

I agree, I was one of those who got married at 18, and am still with the same guy at 27. it all depends on the maturity level.

AmaliaD
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 3:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Well,  that would be nice.    i dont fear my son getting pregnant.   i fear him getting a trashy girl preggo.   but based on his current love interests (hes only 7,)  i should be okay.    i also fear him getting an std.   when i was a teen - in high school - i didnt have sex for fear of stds (#1)  for fear of getting pregnant (#2)  and being labeled a slut (#3).....   i was never any of those things but crashed my car 3 times.   

sweetieiv
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 3:24 PM
I don't care if teens have sex. I just wish they were smart enough to get birth control and condoms. Its really not that hard. Oh and about the driving I think its too much responsibility for teens but sometimes its needed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tiffany_AvonRep
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 3:24 PM
I think teens should wait until they are ready. Its natural. But they should be safe about it to. If they want to make an adult decision, they should be prepared to step up and be an adult should they get pregnant.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
happinessforyou
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 3:25 PM
2 moms liked this

Until your new teen driver pulls out of the driveway alone for the first time-yoiu have no idea!

There is driving and then there is "safe driving". Safe driving requires classes and practice and a permit and have to have an adult with them.

Sex requires hormones-which my kids are not allowed to have until they are 30!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 19, 2013 at 3:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Driving is not required at all. There are buses, bikes and feet.

Quoting Anonymous:

Stupid analogy. Driving is a required skill for life pregnancy and sex is not.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)