Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Over diapers????

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies
1 mom liked this
My mother thinks that I'm manipulating my mother in law for money because she buys my son diapers. I don't ask her to buy them. I have the money to do so. However my mother in law is very kind and is always doing things for ayden and my two oldest even though I had them from my first marriage. My mother in law told me she doesn't look at our oldest any different than she does our youngest. That she will buy for them as she pleases. My mother throws a fit over this. I don't get it. You would think my mother would be happy I have a mother in law who actually loves us.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2013 at 3:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aiyess
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 3:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Your mother is jealous.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Mar. 19, 2013 at 3:59 PM
1 mom liked this

It sounds like your MIL does more for you and the children than your mother does. Perhaps your mom is jealous???

robyann
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:06 PM

Does sound like your mom is jealous. Sometimes it's hard being a gma, lol. We have another gma to compete with. We really shouldn't compete and we should be glad our gkids have loving gparents on both sides. Tell your mom that the kids won't love the other gma more just because she buys more things for them. It's the relationship she builds with the kids that they will appreciate. The other gma buying diapers and stuff is more of a help to you, being "nice" to you, and just wanting to help out. Those things aren't really considered by the kids. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:07 PM
Well to be honest she has never stepped up as Grandma even though she has ample opportunity. I get the feeling from my mom that my mother in law is trying to "up" her. The thing is my mil thinks highly of my mom. Its probably is jealousy.

Quoting aiyess:

Your mother is jealous.

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:09 PM

I think your mom is jealous. I'm slightly jealous. lol even though my mil does that just, less often lol

elliotmommytobe
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:11 PM
If my mil had money shed be doing the same she loves her gs. My mom buys us diapers when we dont have the money for it
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
etsmom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:12 PM

Jealous momma. Someone doesn't like to feel like she has been one-upped. Though she isn't. Good for you for having a nice MIL. Not many have one that they like.

inspain
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:13 PM

Sounds like jealousy.  My mother was/is insanely jealous of my MIL and MIL is a total pain in the ass, but she and my FIL are very generous, when they feel like it.  

My mother absolutely hates them and shits on anything they give us or do for us.  My mother has stopped speaking to us, but before she did, she took one last swipe at my in-laws, answering the phone when my FIL called and I was out and telling him all kinds of horrible things.  For once, I had to give my in-laws credit.  They had the class and kindness to simply pretend the phone call had never taken place.  They don't speak about my mother and I'm starting to get along with my MIL a bit better.  (It's tough, she's not exactly warm and fuzzy and has a habit of saying weird things.)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:13 PM
Exactly.

Quoting robyann:

Does sound like your mom is jealous. Sometimes it's hard being a gma, lol. We have another gma to compete with. We really shouldn't compete and we should be glad our gkids have loving gparents on both sides. Tell your mom that the kids won't love the other gma more just because she buys more things for them. It's the relationship she builds with the kids that they will appreciate. The other gma buying diapers and stuff is more of a help to you, being "nice" to you, and just wanting to help out. Those things aren't really considered by the kids. 

goodmama85
by Diamond Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:13 PM

Jealousy.you don't find too many in-laws like that. Your mom needs to get a grip.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)