Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm pregnant and he keeps kicking me in the stomach

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:32 PM
  • 21 Replies

My 2 year old keeps hitting and kicking me in the stomach. He just turned 2 in january so he doesnt even understand that im pregnant. Im trying to break him of it but he isnt getting it. I just changed him and he kicked me really hard in the stomach. It hurts. Im only 9 weeks. Has anyone else dealt with this

by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:35 PM

No. I had a friends 3 year old kick me and hit me and I dragged him by his ear into his room and put him on time out. He won't be kicking me anymore.

notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:35 PM
1 mom liked this

no because its not something I would tolerate.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:36 PM
3 moms liked this

Time out, or crib time every time he does it, with a stern "No!" Every time. 

PerfectVirgo
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:37 PM
My son hit me once. ONCE.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
katielovesyou21
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:37 PM

Ive tried spanking time outs and stern he has never acted like this before. He is usually really good.

Quoting notjstasocermom:

no because its not something I would tolerate.

Nee86
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:38 PM
No because my dd hit kicked me once when she was 20 months old and I was pregnant. That was the last time. She got put in her room for awhile.
momof2891
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:39 PM
Dd did it once when I was pregnant with ds and after getting her bottom popped three times and sitting in time out for 6 minutes plus losing TV for the rest of the day, she never did it again. He is old enough to be put in time out and to have his bottom popped twice. He has to learn that he can't kick.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ame85
by Chemistry cat on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:39 PM
Time out each time he does it. Teaching him that all hitting and kicking is unacceptable is your best bet at this point.
katielovesyou21
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:39 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Time out, or crib time every time he does it, with a stern "No!" Every time. 

I have but its not working. It's hard because he is only 2 so i know he doesnt understand everything yet but its like he knows and is angry. But i dont think he could know not this early

JamesMom714
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:40 PM
My 2 year old kicks... Not to act out, he just is active and thinks it is fun. He has issues understanding language, so discipline of various kinda is difficult.

I would suggest trying to keep your tummy turned from him and if he kicks be super loud with a No in a stern voice... That is the only thing that works with mine because the loud voice scares him... Not ideal but you do what you have to do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN