Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

three years and it has come to this?????

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:38 PM
  • 10 Replies

My son started school when he was a month away from being three. Its an early childhood development class at our public school. his older brother started kindergarten the same year and this year his younger sister is a role model for said preschool program. all three years he has had the same bus driver. she is a sweet grandmotherly type ( she is actually the mother in law for his first tball coach) so in order to show my appreciation for the great care she took with my children for these three years of school i would love to get her something. any ideas???

by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
silverdawn99
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:42 PM

BUMP!

AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:44 PM

Maybe get a bakery to bake a cake in the shape of a school bus with the door open so you can see her and the kids waving from the back windows.

silverdawn99
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:45 PM

cute idea :D

Quoting AliKatAK47:

Maybe get a bakery to bake a cake in the shape of a school bus with the door open so you can see her and the kids waving from the back windows.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:47 PM
We bought ours bath and body works. We did the body spray, shower gel, and candle. They can be exchanged if she doesn't like the smell.
nurse1997
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:49 PM

I use to drive a bus before i went back to school and i use to like to get gift cards for lunch we get so much candy from oither drivers and i always liked it when the kids took time to write me a thank you letter but with my name on it  ;]  really any thing will work bus drivers like that you just took the time to think of them busdrivers havea thankless job by 95 percent of the parnets ;] 

silverdawn99
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:51 PM

she is an awesome person. i trusted her with all three of my children

Quoting nurse1997:

I use to drive a bus before i went back to school and i use to like to get gift cards for lunch we get so much candy from oither drivers and i always liked it when the kids took time to write me a thank you letter but with my name on it  ;]  really any thing will work bus drivers like that you just took the time to think of them busdrivers havea thankless job by 95 percent of the parnets ;] 

JanineDeer
by Janine on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:51 PM

Well I'm a Gramma for real and I sure do not need "things" But I still eat!  LOVE gift cards to nice restaurants!

TerriAnne2606
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:57 PM

Gift card?  Gift basket.  

nurse1997
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 5:08 PM

People would be surprised what bus drivers do in a day  to keep the little ones safe - parnets take it for granted but alot of what we do is done because we care for the kids not because its apart of are jobs or  are  we required to do it -  parnets  cause problems for drivers because they think the drivers are not picking up at the right stops or etc but the school tells the drivers which stops  to make  and  they make the rules we just follow and the parnets are always out for blood when some thing dont go the way they want it to ask the driver if she can do it then they will bus drivers are just like every oither mom you piss them off  we wont help be nice   !!! 

cleanaturalady
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 5:13 PM

I have heard this same thing from lots of teachers, too.  They can't take another coffee mug or apple shaped paperweight, even though the thought is appreciated, you can only have so many of those type things before you run out of room to put them.  Everyone loves a sweet treat though.  Or a movie pass, that's another idea. 

Quoting JanineDeer:

Well I'm a Gramma for real and I sure do not need "things" But I still eat!  LOVE gift cards to nice restaurants!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN