Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

a girl was raped and the media........

Posted by   + Show Post

my friend posted this on facebook today:

by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 5:34 PM
Replies (81-90):
Aislin
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 6:48 PM

It forgot that Fox disclosed the minor victims name on air. 

Mom2_Jimmy_Anka
by Samantha on Mar. 19, 2013 at 6:51 PM

And what about the personal responsibility of the two boys who violated an unconcious girl, dragged her around, took photos, and then bragged? She will be paying dearly for her decision for the rest of her life. They should have to pay more dearly for their decisions because those decisions ruined her life.

Quoting LaughingTattoo:

**sigh** and why is it when you point out that people should have personal accountability, youre a bad guy?

I just dont think this case is as cut/dry as they are making it.

ilovecandy
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 6:51 PM

ugh.....people who think like that are sick. you can be raped if there is no finger. if you dont want someones anything in you or on you its violation. dont touch people without their consent period. people are insanely screwed in the head for thinking that way. im sure if it happened to them they would be singing a different tune. and if they didnt, theres something more wrong there

Quoting mommyof11050307:

Someone made a post she was a drunk whore she got what she deserve. Don't go around acting like a whore and it wouldn't have happened. Oh and my favorite part*sarcasm* she wasn't actually rapped you can't be rapped my someone's finger.
I hope they all burn on hell and the girl is able to move on from this.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2013 at 6:53 PM

I'm guessing if that is true...They are saying everything I have said here.  You go out there and act like an adult...for her Ish got real, real quick.  Had they not had pictures...she would have never known.  Im guessing this aint her first party... If you're registered as a sex offender for the rest of your life, your life is ruined.  She can always start fresh.  Perhaps we should tell our children how to behave.  This happens quite a bit.  My boss' daughter was found passed out in a bathroom and she just laughed.  That ish aint funny.  You could get raped.  Apparently mom behaves like this too.  Personal responsibility....

Quoting Mom2_Jimmy_Anka:

Considering she is was horribly voilated, has been vilified by many in her hometown, and has recieved death threats I am pretty sure she has been "punished". However the boys that violated her have recieved overwhelming support from their town and some media outlets. They will get 1 and 2 years in juvenile hall and have to register as sex offenders. Sadly, I think the victim has been punished much more harshly than the guilty.

Quoting Anonymous:

it is what it is, Sister.  Had she stayed home and studied.....Had no one bought the alcohol... it is what it is.  They all should be punished.

Quoting Mom2_Jimmy_Anka:

My name is Samantha. Jimmy is my son. It doesn't matter what bad decision she made. A victim is never at fault. To say any different is disgusting and perpetuating the rape culture that is rampant in our country. She is guilty of underage drinking. She is not guilty of her own rape. The rape was perpetrated against her making her an innocent victim. I partied with a lot of friends when I was 15-18. None of them ever raped another person no matter how drunk they were. People with a normal, healthy psyche do not rape others.

Quoting Anonymous:

They started off making the wrong decision of drinking.  So they're supposed to all of a sudden, while drunk, make good decisions.  Which drunk was gonna call the police?  HOw the hell does all of that happen and she has no clue.....  She's not an innocent victim here.  Let's be honest Jimmy.

Quoting Mom2_Jimmy_Anka:

What does car insurance or tire tread have to do with anything? It doesn't matter if she drank and pranced down the road naked. She was not at fault for her rape. The law does not recognize any degree of blame for a victim for a reason. If I leave my car unlocked does that mean I should have it stolen? If my house is robbed does that mean I shouldn't have nice stuff? The boys are not victims here. They chose to victimize a girl that was passed out drunk. What they should have done is taken her home, called her parents, or called the police. They should not have stripped her, put their fingers in her (and there may have been more based on their bragging), carried her from party to party, taken photos, and posted about it on twitter and facebook.

Quoting Anonymous:

I never said it was ok for anyone.  I think ALL parties are at fault.  It is also against the law not to have insurance on your car.  It is against the law to have your tread lower than what the govt decides too.  Point being....common sense says, no she should always be on point with protecting yourself.  If you're going to act grown, suffer the consequences.  How do people PICK you up and you are totally gone - She was probably popping mollies.  ALL were at fault. 

Quoting Mom2_Jimmy_Anka:

And all men should act like human beings. Why is it ok for them to be drunk but not her? If the victim was male and two other men carried him around and shoved there fingers in him would he be blamed because he was passed out? Lack of a clear and sober yes is a no. The girl was unconcious and could not consent. Under the law that is rape.

Quoting Anonymous:

Women should act like ladies.  Women cant have it both ways. 

Quoting gemikris82:

it shouldnt open any door, men should know that you dont do that to someone. 

Quoting Anonymous:

doesnt give the right but it opens the door wide open. 

Quoting gemikris82:

so being drunk gives someone the right to take advantage of you? 

Quoting Anonymous:

i saw this and couldnt believe what I was seeing until I heard the specifics.  The girl was fondled...she was passed out drunk.  The boys were wrong for doing it but the girl was wrong too.  I think there's a difference between being molested, real rape.  The girl was molested.  So the boys were wrong.  BUt the girl has to assume some responsibility.  We allow our girls to run around and act stupid and when something happens, oh blame someone.

LaughingTattoo
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 6:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Those boys are paying dearly for their lapse in judgement....way more than they should imo. This wasnt the first time this girl engaged in this behavior, something she fully admitted as did the charcter witnesses, it was simply the first time it will haunt her. Her pride was hurt. She was known to be a partier, incredibly promiscious, loved popping pills and drinking, ect.....

Should these boys have just left trouble alone and been the bigger people? Hell yes! But should they have their life ruined by something that will likely be a blip in this girls memory? No. They should pay an APPROPRIATE price for their crime...not be made an example of just bc everyones watching.

Quoting Mom2_Jimmy_Anka:

And what about the personal responsibility of the two boys who violated an unconcious girl, dragged her around, took photos, and then bragged? She will be paying dearly for her decision for the rest of her life. They should have to pay more dearly for their decisions because those decisions ruined her life.

Quoting LaughingTattoo:

**sigh** and why is it when you point out that people should have personal accountability, youre a bad guy?

Lilypie Maternity tickers
Mom2_Jimmy_Anka
by Samantha on Mar. 19, 2013 at 6:56 PM

How can she just start over? The media released her name. Even if she moves and changes her name her picture has been posted all over the internet. There have been several quotes from people in her town saying she is a drunk slut and she deserved it. The boys lives should be ruined. They RAPED a girl.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm guessing if that is true...They are saying everything I have said here.  You go out there and act like an adult...for her Ish got real, real quick.  Had they not had pictures...she would have never known.  Im guessing this aint her first party... If you're registered as a sex offender for the rest of your life, your life is ruined.  She can always start fresh.  Perhaps we should tell our children how to behave.  This happens quite a bit.  My boss' daughter was found passed out in a bathroom and she just laughed.  That ish aint funny.  You could get raped.  Apparently mom behaves like this too.  Personal responsibility....

Quoting Mom2_Jimmy_Anka:

Considering she is was horribly voilated, has been vilified by many in her hometown, and has recieved death threats I am pretty sure she has been "punished". However the boys that violated her have recieved overwhelming support from their town and some media outlets. They will get 1 and 2 years in juvenile hall and have to register as sex offenders. Sadly, I think the victim has been punished much more harshly than the guilty.

Quoting Anonymous:

it is what it is, Sister.  Had she stayed home and studied.....Had no one bought the alcohol... it is what it is.  They all should be punished.

Quoting Mom2_Jimmy_Anka:

My name is Samantha. Jimmy is my son. It doesn't matter what bad decision she made. A victim is never at fault. To say any different is disgusting and perpetuating the rape culture that is rampant in our country. She is guilty of underage drinking. She is not guilty of her own rape. The rape was perpetrated against her making her an innocent victim. I partied with a lot of friends when I was 15-18. None of them ever raped another person no matter how drunk they were. People with a normal, healthy psyche do not rape others.

Quoting Anonymous:

They started off making the wrong decision of drinking.  So they're supposed to all of a sudden, while drunk, make good decisions.  Which drunk was gonna call the police?  HOw the hell does all of that happen and she has no clue.....  She's not an innocent victim here.  Let's be honest Jimmy.

Quoting Mom2_Jimmy_Anka:

What does car insurance or tire tread have to do with anything? It doesn't matter if she drank and pranced down the road naked. She was not at fault for her rape. The law does not recognize any degree of blame for a victim for a reason. If I leave my car unlocked does that mean I should have it stolen? If my house is robbed does that mean I shouldn't have nice stuff? The boys are not victims here. They chose to victimize a girl that was passed out drunk. What they should have done is taken her home, called her parents, or called the police. They should not have stripped her, put their fingers in her (and there may have been more based on their bragging), carried her from party to party, taken photos, and posted about it on twitter and facebook.

Quoting Anonymous:

I never said it was ok for anyone.  I think ALL parties are at fault.  It is also against the law not to have insurance on your car.  It is against the law to have your tread lower than what the govt decides too.  Point being....common sense says, no she should always be on point with protecting yourself.  If you're going to act grown, suffer the consequences.  How do people PICK you up and you are totally gone - She was probably popping mollies.  ALL were at fault. 

Quoting Mom2_Jimmy_Anka:

And all men should act like human beings. Why is it ok for them to be drunk but not her? If the victim was male and two other men carried him around and shoved there fingers in him would he be blamed because he was passed out? Lack of a clear and sober yes is a no. The girl was unconcious and could not consent. Under the law that is rape.

Quoting Anonymous:

Women should act like ladies.  Women cant have it both ways. 

Quoting gemikris82:

it shouldnt open any door, men should know that you dont do that to someone. 

Quoting Anonymous:

doesnt give the right but it opens the door wide open. 

Quoting gemikris82:

so being drunk gives someone the right to take advantage of you? 

Quoting Anonymous:

i saw this and couldnt believe what I was seeing until I heard the specifics.  The girl was fondled...she was passed out drunk.  The boys were wrong for doing it but the girl was wrong too.  I think there's a difference between being molested, real rape.  The girl was molested.  So the boys were wrong.  BUt the girl has to assume some responsibility.  We allow our girls to run around and act stupid and when something happens, oh blame someone.

nicki1018
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 6:57 PM

Quoting ilovecandy:

its pretty sickening

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sheymann
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 6:58 PM
1 mom liked this

They took and unconscious girl, dragged her around, took videos and pictures of them fingering her. Made comments about how she was "like dead" and then left her to wake up in a strange house with no clothes, jewlery, or phone.

They raped her. It's pretty cut and dry as far as rape cases go.

Quoting LaughingTattoo:

Perle1
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 6:59 PM
3 moms liked this
I am appalled by this. Saying that "women should act like ladies" to avoid rape implies that unladylike behavior is acceptably punished with rape. That is utterly disgusting. Clearly as a society we are a long way from being able to think about rape strictly as a crime, and not a deserved assault for behavior deemed inappropriate. There is no excuse for sexually assaulting someone. It does not matter what they wore, what they took or drank, what their reputation is, or if other sex acts were consented to. When someone says "no," it means NO. When someone is wasted and not responsive, that also means NO. I urge you mom's who think differently to please closely examine your thought process and logic.
Mom2_Jimmy_Anka
by Samantha on Mar. 19, 2013 at 7:00 PM

She was unconcious and unable to consent therefore the appropriate punishment is being convicted of rape and being registered sex offenders. It doens't matter what she did in the past. It doesn't matter if she slept with 10 guys that night before she was drunk. Once she became drunk she was unable to legally give consent. That is the law. If you disagree with law feel free to fight it although I doubt you will get much support.

Quoting LaughingTattoo:

Those boys are paying dearly for their lapse in judgement....way more than they should imo. This wasnt the first time this girl engaged in this behavior, something she fully admitted as did the charcter witnesses, it was simply the first time it will haunt her. Her pride was hurt. She was known to be a partier, incredibly promiscious, loved popping pills and drinking, ect.....

Should these boys have just left trouble alone and been the bigger people? Hell yes! But should they have their life ruined by something that will likely be a blip in this girls memory? No. They should pay an APPROPRIATE price for their crime...not be made an example of just bc everyones watching.

Quoting Mom2_Jimmy_Anka:

Quoting LaughingTattoo:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)