Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why is that it appears that with certain generations they all name their kids the same name? There are so many names out there... Why do we group up and name them same names?

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

It's wrong to be a bully with one exception. It's ok to bully those you THINK are a bully.

by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 7:59 PM
Replies (11-20):
mistie900
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:04 PM
My kids have popular names but I didn't choose the because they were, I chose them because I like them. I thought they were nice names. Their names are Hailey and Mason.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
caito
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:04 PM

Whether people realize it or not, they feel comfort in conformity.

Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:04 PM
Mine (or 4 of my 5) are named after TV characters. Seems silly, but they really do fit their names. Well, except for Lexie...but she's the only one NOT named after a character!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thetrollcat
by Meow on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:04 PM

Hailey or Haley, or... is crazy popular I swear I never NOT have a girl that isnt a Hailey or Haley, or....

Quoting mistie900:

My kids have popular names but I didn't choose the because they were, I chose them because I like them. I thought they were nice names. Their names are Hailey and Mason.

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

It's wrong to be a bully with one exception. It's ok to bully those you THINK are a bully.

Ideal_Lady
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:05 PM
If my 2 year old ds would've been a girl, he would be named Layla or Sophia :/
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:05 PM
Idk. My son is Angel and there aren't many boys his age with that name.
937mrsweaver
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:06 PM

Riley is my sons name and i dont know anyone boy or girl with the same name and i hardly ever hear it

TeamTARDIS
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:06 PM
I looked at naming trends and popularity before naming myself Felix. We haven't met another one yet. Our next son will be Percy or August and our daughter will be Agatha or Imogen. All real names without being insanely popular.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
balagan_imma
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:06 PM

We name for relatives who have died. We don't always use the exact name, but go with the first letter. I'm Rachael, named for my great-uncle Robert. Or my oldest, Samuel Trevor who is named after FIL's cousin who died in the Holocaust and my grandfather's chosen last name. He also happens to have my grandmother's initials.

My other kids are Talya and Rami Shai. No trendy names here.

RiotousDigits
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:06 PM
3 moms liked this

because 5 minute old former fetuses don't have personalities.  you'd have to wait months, if not years, to discover their true personality.

Quoting thetrollcat:

why cant people name their kids based on personality, timing, naming after a long relative? Why go with the fashion bit???

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN