Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why is that it appears that with certain generations they all name their kids the same name? There are so many names out there... Why do we group up and name them same names?

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

It's wrong to be a bully with one exception. It's ok to bully those you THINK are a bully.

by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 7:59 PM
Replies (21-30):
Aleta775
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:08 PM
My dd's name is Dahlia Belle. It took me a very long time to come to that name. She is named after three people. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Dinimon
by NoCookiesForYou on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:08 PM
I don't know a single person with the same name as DD.
DS may be a different story.
thetrollcat
by Meow on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:08 PM

Im sorry but ya thats a good excuse to just randomly pick the name everyone else has *stares*

Quoting RiotousDigits:

because 5 minute old former fetuses don't have personalities.  you'd have to wait months, if not years, to discover their true personality.

Quoting thetrollcat:

why cant people name their kids based on personality, timing, naming after a long relative? Why go with the fashion bit???

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

It's wrong to be a bully with one exception. It's ok to bully those you THINK are a bully.

mistie900
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah it is pretty popular. But I really liked it. I thought it was pretty. Like I said though I didn't choose it because it was popular.

Quoting thetrollcat:

Hailey or Haley, or... is crazy popular I swear I never NOT have a girl that isnt a Hailey or Haley, or....

Quoting mistie900:

My kids have popular names but I didn't choose the because they were, I chose them because I like them. I thought they were nice names. Their names are Hailey and Mason.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
svolkov
by Emerald Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:08 PM
Exactly. Just like bella

.jake..jasper, edward etc

Quoting kitchen.ninja:

My oldest is named Riley which us super popular for his generation. I named him after Buffy and think tv ( pop culture) is a huge influence and that's why.

TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:08 PM
Michael is named for his dad, who was named for his uncle

Popular name? Extremely, but it wasn't chosen because of that
CV3
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:09 PM

I dont believe in naming a child until its born. I would have liked to wait longer deciding on my sons name but the hospital said I couldnt take him home until I named him. The commune I used to live in did not name thier children until 60 or 80 days had passed generally speaking.

catrig
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:09 PM
1 mom liked this

My kids don't have common names. My daughter was named after my grandmother, and my son has an old fashioned name as well.

Nickie76
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:09 PM
I have 7 kids and I have some common names and one definitely not common. I could care less what a generation defines... It's what I like and if it was something that became popular so be it.
bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:09 PM

my kids are Eagan, Arden, and Daxon. *I* think they all sound different but I do admit that they have similarities (5 letters long and end with a 'n' )

we also used family names for the middle names. kind of. my 3 boys all have different dads and with ds1 and ds3 we each picked a name and for ds2 my ex picked both names (but hey I picked his first name and thats what counts right?). so 5 out of the 6 middle names and the one that isn't, is the name ds1's father had wanted to name ds.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN