Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Negligent Parents In Public

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:21 PM
  • 65 Replies

I was at the park with my kids today (no surprise there!). They are three and almost two. This car pulls up and parks to let a kid out. This little boy wasn't in a car seat, and was no more than 3 or 4. The parents stayed in the car for a solid hour while he played, not even watching him. The poor kid was starving for attention, asking me to help him on the swing, constantly yelling for me to "look at me!" or "watch this!". 

I felt bad for him!! I mean, really? How hard is it to get OUT of your car and watch your child? 

by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexsmomma06
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:23 PM
I see this a lot at our town park. One mom kept getting out of her car to yell at her 5yr old for not watching the 2yr old while she chained smoked in the car with a baby. It amazes me!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:24 PM

simple frown I've never seen that happen around us. How sad.

WinterRosesmom
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:26 PM
I see that at our park too :-(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:26 PM

wow. I'm all for independant play but  I wouldn NEVER do that

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:27 PM

I have never witnessed this. I have seen some dads bring their kids to the park so that they(the dads) could play basketball, while the kids sit there and complain about wanting to play on the playground but can't. :(

IFartGlitter
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:28 PM

Quoting bustybee:

Im all for independant play too! I'm usually sitting nearby where I can see the kids but they are playing on their own. But not even IN the park? I could SO have snatched her kid... 

IFartGlitter
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting alexsmomma06:

I see this a lot at our town park. One mom kept getting out of her car to yell at her 5yr old for not watching the 2yr old while she chained smoked in the car with a baby. It amazes me!

Some people shouldnt be parents.

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:30 PM

thats what I was thinking. moms like that definately don't have thier priorities straight.

Quoting IFartGlitter:

Quoting bustybee:

Im all for independant play too! I'm usually sitting nearby where I can see the kids but they are playing on their own. But not even IN the park? I could SO have snatched her kid... 

IFartGlitter
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:32 PM

SO not. the car wasnt even facing the plyground! and we have a couple of resident potential creepers. One man comes to the park every single day and sits on the same bench and watches or talks to the kids. He does this even when kids arent there... he might not be a creeper, but he MIGHT. Do you really want to risk it??

Quoting bustybee:

thats what I was thinking. moms like that definately don't have thier priorities straight.

Quoting IFartGlitter:

Quoting bustybee:

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:41 PM

wow. that woman has extreme trust (or naivete) in the world. especially with a potential creeper! I'm sorry, but even if he is being innocent he must realize that he does come across as creepy to the parents at the park

Quoting IFartGlitter:

SO not. the car wasnt even facing the plyground! and we have a couple of resident potential creepers. One man comes to the park every single day and sits on the same bench and watches or talks to the kids. He does this even when kids arent there... he might not be a creeper, but he MIGHT. Do you really want to risk it??

Quoting bustybee:

Quoting IFartGlitter:

Quoting bustybee:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)