Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Easy way to feed children

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:44 PM
  • 31 Replies
1 mom liked this

I saw this on Pinterest months ago and use it often. It's fantastic. I cut up a bunch of fruit and veggies in the morning, throw in some crackers, put out some cubed chicken or roll up slices of meat for lunch, cubes of cheese. Sometimes I'll throw in some chocolate chips or small cookies for a treat. That way the kids can eat as much as they need/want, don't have to worry about them not eating and it's all things that require little prep work for me. Then I only have one meal to really worry about.

You should try it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ColieO
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:13 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PerfectVirgo
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:14 PM
That's a neat idea.
kibbskins
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:16 PM

So wait do you just leave it out somewhere convenient for the kids? I'm confused lol

ColieO
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:27 PM
I leave it on the kids table.

Quoting kibbskins:

So wait do you just leave it out somewhere convenient for the kids? I'm confused lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FoxFire363
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:30 PM

Is that their snacks for the day? My son could eat all of that in one sitting in between meals, depending on the day, and he is 16 months. He's a bit of a little piggy. 

ColieO
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:32 PM
I'll refill as needed. They don't go hungry.

Quoting FoxFire363:

Is that their snacks for the day? My son could eat all of that in one sitting in between meals, depending on the day, and he is 16 months. He's a bit of a little piggy. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kibbskins
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:35 PM

Oh that is neat. I'd be worried my son would just upend the whole thing though. Maybe when he gets older lol

Quoting ColieO:

Quoting kibbskins:

FoxFire363
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:39 PM

I wasn't implying that, I was just curious, lol. I was more making a joke about my son's ravenous appetite. He'd also dump it everywhere. I'll have to keep it in mind as an idea for when he's older. 

Quoting ColieO:

Quoting FoxFire363:

FoxFire363
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:40 PM

Yeah, I was thinking the same things. I might do that for DD though, and put it on the dining room table where DS can't get at it. He's a real rampaging beast sometimes, lol. 

Quoting kibbskins:

Oh that is neat. I'd be worried my son would just upend the whole thing though. Maybe when he gets older lol

Quoting ColieO:

Quoting kibbskins:

ColieO
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:41 PM
My daughter is the same way. She's tiny, but eats constantly. There's no time for her to dump it because she's too busy eating lol.

Quoting FoxFire363:

I wasn't implying that, I was just curious, lol. I was more making a joke about my son's ravenous appetite. He'd also dump it everywhere. I'll have to keep it in mind as an idea for when he's older. 

Quoting ColieO:

Quoting FoxFire363:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)