Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I wish I had a friend.

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:07 PM
  • 18 Replies
1 mom liked this

Like, a legit friend. I want a friendship that's tight-knit, like the girls (and guy) on Army Wives.

A friend that won't backstab me in ANY WAY. A friend who knows how to keep secrets. A friend who will get along with my SO and who will love my DS. A friend who understands that I don't want to go out and get drunk all the time because I have bigger responsibilities. 

But it seems like I'll never find that kind of friend. All the friends I've had have all backstabbed me. Some in major ways, some not so major. Either way, they all ended up being not right for my life. 

:( 

CafeMom Tickers
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
desertlvn
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:09 PM

I hear you. All of my true, soul mate, friends moved away. While I have couple friends, parent friends, and lots of family friends, it has been years since I had a true best friend.

ShanesMommy2012
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:12 PM

Yeah, the only "best friend" I've had backstabbed me twice. The first time, her and one of her friends had a threesome with my boyfriend (at the time, not current boyfriend) while I was on the couch, drunk and throwing up into a trash can. 

I decided to give her a second chance.

Then she tried sleeping with my current boyfriend when I wasn't around one night and he turned her down.

Needless to say she didn't get a third chance. 

Quoting desertlvn:

I hear you. All of my true, soul mate, friends moved away. While I have couple friends, parent friends, and lots of family friends, it has been years since I had a true best friend.

Lindsayhoy0612
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:13 PM
1 mom liked this
My best friend is my sister.... I have others and we've been friends for years I can call any if them at anytime but my sister will always be my number 1
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ShanesMommy2012
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:15 PM
My little sister used to be my best friend, but she lives in a different city (about 2 hours away) and we haven't seen each other in 2 years, and since she's so focused on school (which is a good thing) she never has time to text or message me on Facebook anymore :(

Quoting Lindsayhoy0612:

My best friend is my sister.... I have others and we've been friends for years I can call any if them at anytime but my sister will always be my number 1
Master_Debater
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:16 PM
1 mom liked this
I've pretty much learned, friends are overrated. :(
ImNotKarl
by Also Not Paul on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm lucky I have a best friend like that. Good people do exist. It's all about finding them and sticking with them.

ShanesMommy2012
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:20 PM
My SO tells me that all the time. Literally, the same exact thing.

Quoting Master_Debater:

I've pretty much learned, friends are overrated. :(
Lindsayhoy0612
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 6:26 AM
That's why we make sure to see each other almost everyday. I could never take a job far away and not see her and her kids

Quoting ShanesMommy2012:

My little sister used to be my best friend, but she lives in a different city (about 2 hours away) and we haven't seen each other in 2 years, and since she's so focused on school (which is a good thing) she never has time to text or message me on Facebook anymore :(

Quoting Lindsayhoy0612:

klespeedy0205
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 6:29 AM
I should count my blessings. I have 2 best friends. One lives here and the other in FL. I talk to both of them everyday. There are good ladies out there just keep looking.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 20, 2013 at 6:31 AM
1 mom liked this

i'm withya there...any good friends i have live too far away to get together on a whim

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)