Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Like, a legit friend. I want a friendship that's tight-knit, like the girls (and guy) on Army Wives.

A friend that won't backstab me in ANY WAY. A friend who knows how to keep secrets. A friend who will get along with my SO and who will love my DS. A friend who understands that I don't want to go out and get drunk all the time because I have bigger responsibilities. 

But it seems like I'll never find that kind of friend. All the friends I've had have all backstabbed me. Some in major ways, some not so major. Either way, they all ended up being not right for my life. 

:( 

CafeMom Tickers
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:07 PM
Replies (11-18):
Ashes0813
by Candice on Mar. 20, 2013 at 6:33 AM
I hope my girls grow up to be like this!

Quoting Lindsayhoy0612:

My best friend is my sister.... I have others and we've been friends for years I can call any if them at anytime but my sister will always be my number 1
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
grandmotherof6
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 6:35 AM

you have it, GOD

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2013 at 6:38 AM
1 mom liked this
I feel this way a lot too. Like no one really knows me at all and while I have so much to share there is no friend to share it with.
Lalalie
by Gold Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 6:39 AM

Same here.

I even tried craigslist, out of mild desperation. I just wanted to see if maybe I could connect with a girl so I posted in the platonic section... still got guys messaging me, or girls messaging me wanting to 'try to be bi'. Is no one in to friendship these days? It seems like everyone made friends long ago, and keep to those friends and you're just shit out of luck if you didn't make a good friend in the fifth grade. X.x I always moved around a lot, so I was never in one place for long. Everywhere I went people knew each other, but I didn't.

rebeccab1966
by Gold Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 6:43 AM

Quoting Lindsayhoy0612:

My best friend is my sister.... I have others and we've been friends for years I can call any if them at anytime but my sister will always be my number 1

Same here.  My sister knows me the best, only wants good things for me and loves my husband and kids to death.

MammaPaparazza
by Gold Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 6:45 AM
I'm with you, I'm constantly let down by "friends" I trust no one anymore

Quoting ShanesMommy2012:

Like, a legit friend. I want a friendship that's tight-knit, like the girls (and guy) on Army Wives.

A friend that won't backstab me in ANY WAY. A friend who knows how to keep secrets. A friend who will get along with my SO and who will love my DS. A friend who understands that I don't want to go out and get drunk all the time because I have bigger responsibilities. 

But it seems like I'll never find that kind of friend. All the friends I've had have all backstabbed me. Some in major ways, some not so major. Either way, they all ended up being not right for my life. 

:( 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2013 at 6:47 AM

I have had bad luck with friends. I envy those women with a beautiful strong bond with one or more BFFs. I want that so much.

Whenever I say my best friend(s) is my husband and/or my daughter (she's 25), people always groan or mock me, lol. But according to the "laws" of friendship, they are the only 2 people who fit the role.

Lindsayhoy0612
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:38 AM
We actually got in a fight the other day and it was 109% me just being a drama queen.... It lasted about 35 seconds lol

Quoting rebeccab1966:

Quoting Lindsayhoy0612:

Same here.  My sister knows me the best, only wants good things for me and loves my husband and kids to death.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured