Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You can have a baby with me but can't talk to me? wtf????

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
My ex and I split up when I was 3 months pregnant. Dd is now almost 2 and he has seen her 3 times and it had to be in secret. Today while her and I were at the store I was standing 3 feet from him, made eye contact and even tried to say "hi" to him. He totally acted like he didn't know who the hell I was! Idk if I should be mad, shocked or just laugh because I know I got the better end of everything, I have our daughter.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:16 PM
Well...it sucks that he hasn't tried harder to be part of his daughters life...as far as talking to you...he doesn't really have to.
fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I would have yelled out hi to him by name and made it perfectly clear to anyone within ear shot that you knew him.

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:18 PM

call it a man thing. my ex did it for 3 years before he decided he wanted to play daddy (or rather his then gf now wife did)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:18 PM
No, I don't think he has to but it still kinda sucks he didn't even acknowledge her.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well...it sucks that he hasn't tried harder to be part of his daughters life...as far as talking to you...he doesn't really have to.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:20 PM
He doesn't even want me to tell anyone he's her father. Actually begged me not to :(

Quoting bustybee:

call it a man thing. my ex did it for 3 years before he decided he wanted to play daddy (or rather his then gf now wife did)

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:22 PM

totally thinking about the future here, but that could be to your benefit if he ever decides to play dad. putting my ex on the bc screwed me over.

Quoting Anonymous:

He doesn't even want me to tell anyone he's her father. Actually begged me not to :(

Quoting bustybee:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:26 PM
He's not on it. I actually told the hospital I didn't know who her father was because he was trippin that much. I also believed him when he said he doesn't see his son because his ex wouldnt let him, come to find out he did the same thing to her.

Quoting bustybee:

totally thinking about the future here, but that could be to your benefit if he ever decides to play dad. putting my ex on the bc screwed me over.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting bustybee:

MayFlowerMomma
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:29 PM

Wow e oul i a winner. You defiantly got the  better deal

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:30 PM
Why can nobody know he has a daughter?
ColieO
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:30 PM
1 mom liked this
This. Except I probably would have been super bitchy.
"HI! YEA, YOUR DAUGHTER IS JUST FINE!I KNOW IT'S BEEN A LONG TIME SINCE YOU LAST SAW HER IN SECRET. WHERE'S MY CHILD SUPPORT?"

lol

Quoting fullxbusymom:

I would have yelled out hi to him by name and made it perfectly clear to anyone within ear shot that you knew him.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)