Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Cloth Diapers vs Disposable Diapers

Posted by   + Show Post
One year of each.

Uploaded with Imgupr

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:23 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:31 PM
I always wanted to cloth diaper but my xh wouldnt let me because he sucks. If God lets me have another baby i am cloth diapering i even found cute make your own patterns.
kcangel63
by Freebirther on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:31 PM
Mine did that too. What I had to do was strip them. Now, when a wash is coming up, I soak them overnight in the machine, put them through without soap until the first spin. Then I restart the wash with soap on a full wash. The stripping helped tons. I think they went through 3 full washes before I got all the buildup out. Now that I soak them overnight, they don't rash up anymore.

Quoting bowribbonmama:

Cloth makes my youngest break out in AWFUL rashes, even when she would get changed every hour. I still don't know what was causing it but ever since I switched to disposables the rashes have stopped.

It sucks because I LOVE cloth.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:31 PM
I clothed for the first 14 months but with up coming vacations and a move I sold my stash. I also have an HE washer and it took all day washing. I know excuses excuses but I was just done. At least I did it for as long as I did...
bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:32 PM
I tried stripping them a bunch of different ways, nothing seemed to help. It also seemed to be worse at night when she started sleeping through the night.
The rash would bubble and then split open causing her to bleed and be in pain :(

Quoting doulala:

Quoting bowribbonmama:

Cloth makes my youngest break out in AWFUL rashes, even when she would get changed every hour. I still don't know what was causing it but ever since I switched to disposables the rashes have stopped.

ah bummer!
Maybe the type of material against her skin, or the detergent, or not getting rinsed thoroughly, maybe hourly wasn't enough?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ame85
by Chemistry cat on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:32 PM
We cloth and I love it! Though I liked it a lot better before DS started solids.
kcangel63
by Freebirther on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:32 PM
My ds is wearing one right now that I made when he was born. He's 19 months. :)

Quoting Anonymous:

I always wanted to cloth diaper but my xh wouldnt let me because he sucks. If God lets me have another baby i am cloth diapering i even found cute make your own patterns.
bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:32 PM
They are the bamboo type.

Quoting MaryJarrett:

What fibers were you using? Some kids only do well with breathable natural fabrics so wool instead of PUL, cotton/hemp/bamboo instead of microfiber/poly, stuff like that.

Quoting bowribbonmama:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JenB1983
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:32 PM

New Message

Annnnnnd they are so much cuter! Lol
kels1023
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:33 PM
I don't know anything about cloth diapering other than the fact I think it's completely disgusting. But I'm always open to new things.

Why do you cloth diaper?
bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:33 PM
I tried stripping them, did it numerous times actually. I also soaked them over night. Nothing seemed to help :(

Quoting kcangel63:

Mine did that too. What I had to do was strip them. Now, when a wash is coming up, I soak them overnight in the machine, put them through without soap until the first spin. Then I restart the wash with soap on a full wash. The stripping helped tons. I think they went through 3 full washes before I got all the buildup out. Now that I soak them overnight, they don't rash up anymore.

Quoting bowribbonmama:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)