Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Cloth Diapers vs Disposable Diapers

Posted by   + Show Post
One year of each.

Uploaded with Imgupr

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:23 PM
Replies (21-30):
scribemommeg
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:34 PM

We are going to cloth diaper. Our choices are based on a lot of factors though, not just how many disposables would be used. Part of it is the money saving side of it. I know some don't agree and will say you spend more water. That isn't necessarly true. I mean if you only do one load of laundry a week, well then yes it will go up. If you already do a load a day then not so much. We also made the choice because of the allergens and what they can cause. I was highly allergic to disposables as a baby and have had several friends whose children are as well. We just felt it was better to avoid that issue than risk our child being in pain from a horrible reaction for the end result to be "yep their are allergic."

kcangel63
by Freebirther on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:34 PM
In my opinion the HE washer is not an excuse. I HATE them. I could not get my CD clean in them. They always stunk and made baby rash up when I used them. I love my non water efficient top loader. LOL

Quoting Anonymous:

I clothed for the first 14 months but with up coming vacations and a move I sold my stash. I also have an HE washer and it took all day washing. I know excuses excuses but I was just done. At least I did it for as long as I did...
toopicky429
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:36 PM
I read an article on Cotton Babies website that the average disposable diapered child contributes 1 ton of waste to landfills. I was already cloth diapering when I read the article for other reasons than waste, but it reinforced to me that we made the right choice.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:36 PM

Wow!  That is more covers than I own!  I have three in diapers and only known about half that many covers! Of course the four and two year are day trained so that could be part of it!

kcangel63
by Freebirther on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:37 PM
I have some I've used for 3 babies now.

Quoting doulala:

wow!

I cloth.   And not only what you show there in the pic for one year, but babies use them for a couple years usually, and they are also used for future babies too.

kaygarcia97
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:37 PM
Saves us money, it has caused her fits to diminish and its much cuter. We've saved over $200 already since we started

Quoting kels1023:

I don't know anything about cloth diapering other than the fact I think it's completely disgusting. But I'm always open to new things.

Why do you cloth diaper?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:37 PM
I won't lie...I'm too lazy for all that laundry.
BaltimoreBaby
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:39 PM

Charlie Banana all the way! Love them. 

DevonD83
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:40 PM
I cloth diaper and have for over two years. I have bought maybe 4-6 packs of diapers to use on vacations when I can't wash and clean out days. Still have one full pack that's only has a few out he's 27 months. Cloth diapered two kids soon as my washer is fixed ill use them again in 2-3 days
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:40 PM

I will soon be cloth diapering :) "Tweedletee10" on Youtube helped me with that decision!! If you are indecisive or need help with doing "crunchy mom things" go check out her Youtube!! She is fabulous! :)

Just go to Youtube, type in Tweedletee10 and voila!  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)