Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Cloth Diapers vs Disposable Diapers

Posted by   + Show Post
One year of each.

Uploaded with Imgupr

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:23 PM
Replies (91-98):
SuDoNim
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:10 PM

A few years back, a study came out of Germany claiming that the 1 degree increase in scrotal temperature (in disposables) could harm sperm count. But it was pretty much a laughing stock, considering boys don't begin producing sperm until puberty.

Quoting kcangel63:

Haven't the chemicals in disposables been linked to sterility?

Quoting doulala:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting doulala:

Quoting bowribbonmama:

Cloth makes my youngest break out in AWFUL rashes, even when she would get changed every hour. I still don't know what was causing it but ever since I switched to disposables the rashes have stopped.

It sucks because I LOVE cloth.

ah bummer!
Maybe the type of material against her skin, or the detergent, or not getting rinsed thoroughly,
maybe hourly wasn't enough?

if hourly isn't enough, cloth isn't worth it.  the savings alone would be eliminated.

Health and safety reasons are generally the priority, but here it isn't worth it because of some other reasons.

littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:24 PM

LOL I've been looking for someone to hookup. The condition of my licensing is to donate a few diapers. I just need an address. A PO Box is fine. Do you wanna big diaper or a little one? I have some nice sage green right now. Or burgundy, or navy blue, or cherry red, baby pink, hot pink, cream. LOL just let me know. You can PM me. I've been cutting out diapers for days. All my thread just got here yesterday, and I've had the lanolin and scents as well. 

Quoting kcangel63:

If my tax money ever comes (4 weeks and not even a date from the IRS) I'll invest in a few. I'm a frequent stalker on CWCB here on CM. PM me your etsy store (if you have it yet - or when you get it going) and I'd love to check it out some time. :)

Quoting littlesippycup:

Whaaa???? I was afraid of it at first. B/C of the care and I was yeah right it's gonna get the stinkies. It truly works the way it says. My favorite combo for night is hemp/organic cotton contour with a wool cover. During the day we have wool shorties and pants done with lightweight wool. Endless options. Sorry I'm being weird for wool in your post =/ It's just I sincerely regret not discovering cloth in general sooner.

Quoting kcangel63:

Wool is one of the few I have yet to try.

Quoting littlesippycup:

I loved wool and contoured diapers so much for my DD I started sewing them. I'm opening my Etsy store soon =) I really love wool soakers. They are truly the best IMO.

kcangel63
by Freebirther on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:28 PM
1 mom liked this
I <3 YOU!

LOL!

I'll PM you.

Quoting littlesippycup:

LOL I've been looking for someone to hookup. The condition of my licensing is to donate a few diapers. I just need an address. A PO Box is fine. Do you wanna big diaper or a little one? I have some nice sage green right now. Or burgundy, or navy blue, or cherry red, baby pink, hot pink, cream. LOL just let me know. You can PM me. I've been cutting out diapers for days. All my thread just got here yesterday, and I've had the lanolin and scents as well. 

Quoting kcangel63:

If my tax money ever comes (4 weeks and not even a date from the IRS) I'll invest in a few. I'm a frequent stalker on CWCB here on CM. PM me your etsy store (if you have it yet - or when you get it going) and I'd love to check it out some time. :)

Quoting littlesippycup:

Whaaa???? I was afraid of it at first. B/C of the care and I was yeah right it's gonna get the stinkies. It truly works the way it says. My favorite combo for night is hemp/organic cotton contour with a wool cover. During the day we have wool shorties and pants done with lightweight wool. Endless options. Sorry I'm being weird for wool in your post =/ It's just I sincerely regret not discovering cloth in general sooner.

Quoting kcangel63:

Wool is one of the few I have yet to try.

Quoting littlesippycup:

I loved wool and contoured diapers so much for my DD I started sewing them. I'm opening my Etsy store soon =) I really love wool soakers. They are truly the best IMO.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:32 PM

I love doing cloth!  Even though I do occasionally do sposies.

kmorales7690
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:34 PM
I will never go back from cloth!!!
JenB1983
by Platinum Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:16 AM
I had an awesome Momma from my birth group with my middle kiddo gift me all of her cloth. She found it in her closet while doing cleaning. Lol. It was her entire stash, would easily take me from birth to potty training. I have added some new things of my own, but I've spent under $100......and have no need to buy diapers again.

I'll be doing the same once Maggie starts outgrowing them. :-)

Quoting kcangel63:

That is awesome! When I'm done, my dd will probably have kids. LOL! I'll just pass them down. If not, I can always Pay It Forward to someone. ;)

Quoting doulala:

I used them for my own children and now I loan them to new moms.    LOTS of babies in free cloth!   lol

Quoting kcangel63:

I have some I've used for 3 babies now.

Quoting doulala:

wow!

I cloth.   And not only what you show there in the pic for one year, but babies use them for a couple years usually, and they are also used for future babies too.

kcangel63
by Freebirther on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:16 AM
I think that's awesome.

Quoting JenB1983:

I had an awesome Momma from my birth group with my middle kiddo gift me all of her cloth. She found it in her closet while doing cleaning. Lol. It was her entire stash, would easily take me from birth to potty training. I have added some new things of my own, but I've spent under $100......and have no need to buy diapers again.

Quoting kcangel63:

That is awesome! When I'm done, my dd will probably have kids. LOL! I'll just pass them down. If not, I can always Pay It Forward to someone. ;)

Quoting doulala:

I used them for my own children and now I loan them to new moms.    LOTS of babies in free cloth!   lol

Quoting kcangel63:

Quoting doulala:

wow!

I cloth.   And not only what you show there in the pic for one year, but babies use them for a couple years usually, and they are also used for future babies too.

JenB1983
by Platinum Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:21 AM
I was just sooooo thankful. It helped out more than she will ever know.

I passed my entire stash along after my middle potty trained. I had enough that I was able to set up 3 cousins with 3 days worth of dipes each. Lol. I had a small obsession.....

Quoting kcangel63:

I think that's awesome.

Quoting JenB1983:

Quoting kcangel63:

Quoting doulala:

Quoting kcangel63:

Quoting doulala:

wow!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)