Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

WHY is your house DIRTY?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I don't get it. I'm not a crazy person who cleans all day, yet my house is still always company ready clean. The excuse I hear most often is that they "don't have time". That kills me because keeping the house clean really doesn't take much time at all. If your house isn't clean, what is the reason WHY? 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:47 PM
Replies (11-20):
tharealty2
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:53 PM
2 moms liked this

bc I'm lazy, depression.  I would love to have all you neat nuts come to my house.  (and I don't mean that in a disparaging way,. I would just love it if I had that characteristic where I had to clean/straighten - it would absolutely take alot of time though at my house,. I'd be cleaning all day.

armywifey26
by Krissy on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:53 PM

Right now it's cluttered because I am too lazy to clean it tonight. I will do it in the morning

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:53 PM
1 mom liked this

If it's not taking you a lot of time to clean, your house IS dirty!

michiganmom5150
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:53 PM
I'm with colieO. I work ft, and mine is not dirty, so much as cluttered. I tend to stack things. Like mail. Go through it when I have time. I keep up on general cleaning, like cleaning the kitchen and bath, no toys on the ground, vacuum a few times a week, etc. just sorting and throwing away mail and kids school stuff gets tedious and waits until I have time
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:53 PM
It's not.
CatFishMom
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:54 PM
3 moms liked this

Because when I spend my time cleaning my house, my kids dont get any of my attention, they just get shooed away. Plus, when I do try to clean it takes forever because I constantly have a toddler calling for my attention. Cleaning DOES take time and my children are more important. Theyre only going to be small for a little while. The dishes arent going anywhere.

GhettoKoolAide
by Lighthouse Blues on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:54 PM
It's not dirty but its messy. I have my reasons and I'm okay with that.
bcoll
by Brandi on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:54 PM

My house is clean, I like it that way.

hollyandjason
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:54 PM
1 mom liked this
My house isn't dirty... It's messy! But I'm off for the next 3 days so once the last child is on the bus in the morning ill be putting all the misplaced stuff away, and doing laundry( never ending with 5 ppl)
Moe1521
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:55 PM
My house isn't dirty, but there is a lot of clutter. I guess that's what happens when you are a few months out from moving.

Otherwise, I do my chores as necessary. I don't like hours of cleaning, so that's how I do it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN