Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

WHY is your house DIRTY?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I don't get it. I'm not a crazy person who cleans all day, yet my house is still always company ready clean. The excuse I hear most often is that they "don't have time". That kills me because keeping the house clean really doesn't take much time at all. If your house isn't clean, what is the reason WHY? 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:47 PM
Replies (31-40):
raefmom
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:58 PM
3 moms liked this

It is not dirty but cluttered. Reason why, both me and DH grew up in "pack rat" households and it is taking a really long time to unlearn that behavior. The mentality that you might need something some day is not a reason to keep it. And you might use it or it looks neat is not a reason to buy it. 

Also when I do straighten up and clear the clutter, it takes the little ones all of 5 mintues to destroy it again. 

WORK in progress, but I am proud that I am working on it. 

lendales_mommi
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:58 PM

I work a crazy schedule so the deep cleaning only gets done on the weekends. I clean everyday but not as much as I would like to

nataliesmom2012
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:58 PM

I'm lazy and when I get home from work every day, I'd rather sit on my fat ass, eat Cheetos, and play with my daughter.

circle_of_life
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:58 PM
1 mom liked this
This is me exactly. My house is never nasty but it's usually got some clutter and chaos going on. Admittedly, I am a disorganized scatterbrain lol. Plus there are 7 of us living in this 900 sq foot house so lack of space plays a big role too.

Quoting Ollie123:

My house is never completely clean. My kitchen might be clean but then the dining room is cluttered. The living room will be clean but then something else will be messy. I think my house reflects my scattered mind.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lovemyhoney19
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:59 PM
If I'm not cleaning Dh is. I can't stand dirty, messy houses and I honestly wish I could relax about it sometimes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Yellowlily333

my house is always clean but usually messy. I try very hard to stay on top of the cleaning side of things, but there are usually toys all over the place..and shoes.

armywife009
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:59 PM

It's not. I could never live in filth. Dh's friend's fiancee is disgusting. She has three kids, but my god that is absolutely no excuse not to clean. My mom had 5 and we still had a clean home.

We went to visit them a few weeks ago and there were piles of clothes all over the house and boxes from stuff they had just bought and the table had food and stuff covered all over it. I was grossed out, I just wanted to leave. You had to kick stuff to get around, I was scared for my daughters safety, I was afraid they were going to fall on something and get hurt.

ETA: This wasn't a one time deal either, the first time I ever visited there, months ago, it was like this but I figured it would have been a rare thing with her, she seems so neat and put together. 

bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Because fuck you!

J/k When it's messy it's because IDGAF.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
t1gger143
I work full time, go to school part time, karate lessons that kill 2 afternoons a week. Somedays I can barely function when I get home.
cLanief
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:59 PM
I just don't like having my house sterile. But right now. . I'm moving out and plan to scrub it top to bottom after everything is moved out before I turn over my keys. :-)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)