Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CPS called ETA

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:48 PM
  • 64 Replies

CPS was called, and now some women is checking up on us this friday. I'm guessing it has to do with us refusing to vaccinate our kids. Our pediatrician told me i'm not a doctor and she strongly reccommends vaccines. Well now i'm upset and stressed out. I've never had CPS called on me before. I even asked the lady if she was joking. Sorry this is all over the place but i'm so upset that a doctor would do this. We are great parents to our children. Does anyone have any advice?

I'm in South Carolina. I think it was the pediatrician, because the case worker said she wanted to see if the kids were up to date on the immunizations. My children do recieve medicaid even though we never applied. Apparently the $48 of food stamps we use to recieve qualified us to be automatically signed up for it. I kept medicaid since Tricare doesn't give them dental. Anyways, I'm starting to hate south carolina. First it was doctors in my area refused to "let" me have a vbac. I was traveling 2 hours away to a birth center for 3 months only to end up having a emergency c-section. And now not vaxing my kids is an issue. When does it end. MY HEALTHCARE, How is it mine??

by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sandra_t00
by ChaChi on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:49 PM
6 moms liked this
You don't have to let them in if they don't have a warrant or a police officer present.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommyof11050307
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:49 PM
2 moms liked this
Just clean your house and have food.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EvaTheDiva29
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:49 PM
3 moms liked this

don't worry about it. its the dr's way of bullying you into vx'ing. id find a new ped tomorrow though! cps isn't going to do anything. shes only coming out bc she has to, if it were her choice, im willing to bet she wouldn't bother. 

weezer_cookie
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:49 PM
No idea, I've never heard of this before. What state are you in?
whoopsie16
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:50 PM
1 mom liked this
I didnt know they could even do that? bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:50 PM
1 mom liked this
As of now you still have the right to not vaccinate your child. I doubt they can do anything.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:50 PM
2 moms liked this

Find a new doctor.

and then just explain to the CPS worker why you've decided to do that. Sooooo, many parents decided to not vaccinate their babies. It's not against the law!!

banana-bear
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:51 PM
Omg, that's awful! I'm so sorry!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:51 PM
2 moms liked this
Good for the doctor. Not vaxing is stupid and neglectful.
icn_mom
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:51 PM

dont stress. they cannot legally FORCE you to vaccinate nor take your children away for that... im shocked theyd even come out for that reason

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured