Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Those of you who grew up in a family of Alcoholics. ..... Or even just one person ( Just as Bad)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 235 Replies

Do you have anything that you want to get off your chest Anonymously? Or throw out a sentence of Wisdom?

I would say, " I do not regret my life/past because it is what made me the person I am Right now."

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lilred57
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:09 PM
K.I.S.S- KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID

sorry about the caps

One day at a time; and sometimes one hour, minute or second at a time.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CeciliaMarie-
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:10 PM
2 moms liked this
I don't need today it anon, it was very depressing sometimes, and it sucks watching someone you love deteriorate into a shell of their former self.

I guess what I would say is, "Sometimes people have to hit rock bottom and lose everything before they truly realize the important things in life."
thetrollcat
by Meow on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:10 PM

a drunk is a drunk

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:10 PM
its why i don't drink.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:13 PM
My mom stop drinking when she became a diabetic. Wish it would have happen when i was home, so i wouldn't have witness abuse my whole life.

Quoting CeciliaMarie-:

I don't need today it anon, it was very depressing sometimes, and it sucks watching someone you love deteriorate into a shell of their former self.

I guess what I would say is, "Sometimes people have to hit rock bottom and lose everything before they truly realize the important things in life."
crashblossom
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:14 PM
5 moms liked this

Being a drunk is not the same as being an alcoholic. How ignorant.

My beloved father was a "functional" alcoholic. He worked, sober, sixty hours a week to provide for us. When he was home, he would often pass out drunk on the front porch. But he was an amazing dad when he chose to be. He hid his addiction from us as best he could and when he was present, he was present. He died of liver disease when I was little. I am so grateful to have so many happy memories to share with my children about their grandpa. My father was an addict and he made a lot of mistakes, but I am and will always be a daddy's girl. Miss him so much. 

Quoting thetrollcat:

a drunk is a drunk

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
JessT5280
by MileHigh Mom on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:16 PM

I'm still working through the anger and hurt of my dad choosing alcohol over his family .. even in death. I have no words of wisdom, just that some things in life .. I will never understand. 

thetrollcat
by Meow on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:16 PM

My step dad beat the shit out of my mother regularly, pissed his pants, called us all worthless lil fuckers and bastards, pawned our christmas and birthday gifts. so ya. My life obviously was peaches and roses with a drunked alcholic

Quoting crashblossom:

Being a drunk is not the same as being an alcoholic. How ignorant.

My beloved father was a "functional" alcoholic. He worked, sober, sixty hours a week to provide for us. When he was home, he would often pass out drunk on the front porch. But he was an amazing dad when he chose to be. He hid his addiction from us as best he could and when he was present, he was present. He died of liver disease when I was little. I am so grateful to have so many happy memories to share with my children about their grandpa. My father was an addict and he made a lot of mistakes, but I am and will always be a daddy's girl. Miss him so much. 

Quoting thetrollcat:

a drunk is a drunk

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

It's wrong to be a bully with one exception. It's ok to bully those you THINK are a bully.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I remove all alcoholics from my life as quickly as I find them.   I don't accept it from friends, and certainly never would accept it from my husband.  He grew up with an alcoholic mother so he feels as I do.

Sj218
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:17 PM
2 moms liked this
Occasional binge drinking IS alcoholism, it just looks different.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN