Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Embarrassed to be her mommy!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

My 4.5 year old daughter is really acting out, and I'm getting tired of it. She has developed this nasty ass attitude. Part of it comes from being around her cousins, and part of it comes from being influenced by her peers in pre-k.  I'm trying everything to curb her negative behavior (except hitting, which I won't do EVER), but nothing seems to be working. She has been recently diagnosed with GAD (generalized anxiety disorder), so I'm trying to discipline with that in mind.

Any ideas? We're visiting relatives right now (for two weeks), and she is embarrassing me to death with her behavior.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:04 AM
2 moms liked this
Nice blame everyone else! High five
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:05 AM

Put her in the corner. Like nose to the corner and hold her there if you have to. It doesn't hurt her and she will have to stand there for a few minutes and calm down. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:06 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:07 AM

She doesn't get the attitude from me.  I'm the most chill person you'll ever meet. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Nice blame everyone else! High five

lilredrosetears
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:08 AM
Im having the same issue with my 4.5 yr old,she came home from prek and called me a little fucker but had no idea what that meant i asked her who she heard it from and it was one of the kids from class
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:09 AM
What do you do to discipline her? Have you tried positive rewards for good behavior?
4.5 was really tough with my son too. At 5 he was diagnosed with spd, anxiety (which the more I read the more convinced I am it's part of his spd), and impulse control disorder (which could simply be another part). Once we started ot his behavior drastically improved.
In his case I'm not sure if it was an age thing or a finally getting help thing but boy was that a tough age! Hang in there!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:10 AM

Oh dear...my dd's favorites are "I hate you" or "I don't like you".

Quoting lilredrosetears:

Im having the same issue with my 4.5 yr old,she came home from prek and called me a little fucker but had no idea what that meant i asked her who she heard it from and it was one of the kids from class

lilredrosetears
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:11 AM
She hasnt ever cussed before and i was like do what??! I told her it was a mommy word she was to not use those words

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh dear...my dd's favorites are "I hate you" or "I don't like you".

Quoting lilredrosetears:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:11 AM

If you can, I'd keep her from spending too much time with her cousins.  If her pre-k is so awful, can't you change schools?  I wish I had more for you, I just bought the Harvey Karp book on toddlers and I'm hoping it will curb my own son's tantrums.

rjmac88
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:11 AM
My 4.5 year old has gotten an attitude as well. This kid pretty much lives in time out lately. I had a friend tell me her mom called it "the fucking fours". I didnt believe it until now. My oldest hit 4 and become an angel so this totally threw me with my second.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)