Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Embarrassed to be her mommy!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My 4.5 year old daughter is really acting out, and I'm getting tired of it. She has developed this nasty ass attitude. Part of it comes from being around her cousins, and part of it comes from being influenced by her peers in pre-k.  I'm trying everything to curb her negative behavior (except hitting, which I won't do EVER), but nothing seems to be working. She has been recently diagnosed with GAD (generalized anxiety disorder), so I'm trying to discipline with that in mind.

Any ideas? We're visiting relatives right now (for two weeks), and she is embarrassing me to death with her behavior.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:43 PM
Replies (11-13):
BeAmour
by Tonya on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:11 AM
My 4.5 DS has gotten bad in the last two weeks. I'm ready to knock his block off. Once I start getting him back on track with good behavior and less attitude, he has to go to his dads. Drives me bat shit crazy!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
1RedHottMama
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:12 AM

Sorry,no advice about that. I can't imagine my children making me that upset though. My DD is 20 and DS is 17 and I haven't been embarrassed by there behavior. Hope you can figure things out though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:16 AM

Explain to her that you don't care how her cousins or other children are allowed to act. Let her know that will NOT be tolerated and that if she wants to angry mommy she will. Use positive reinforcement and praise her when you leave a place (store, restaurant, doc office) and she behaved herself. Best of luck to you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN