Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm a foster mom bio mom called cps on me....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 46 Replies

Well bio mom called cps and had them come out for a child welfare visit. Moms complaints, dirty sock, milk under chin, she only wants unschented products, she has never seen the same outfit but they insisted on checkin her clothes, creams, powder, lotions diapers. Irritates me because her sw has already seen her clothes and other items. The nurse and sw left smiling and happy with us but I am super frustrated, riled, I am having twitches in my eyes, legs and stomach cramps that are Charlie horses. Give me patience! Help me stay calm! Help me forgive this woman for putting my fosters and my own kids in jeopardy. I smiled through the whole you know she's jealous speech, be giving. I took her unschented wipes, new bottles, new powder. What more can I do? Should I bleed for her? Bow down like she's pharaoh? This evil woman shook her baby...made her eyes bleed caused brain damage....I am flabergasted too many emotions to even put them all into speech. I am taking baby into dr tomorrow for the third time in three weeks so he can tell bio mom her bit of diaper rash is normal....simple frown

good news is the house was clean and even smelled yummy since I had enchiladas in the oven!  Sw spoke with y son didn't bother to wake my dd and fs who were napping... 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:53 AM
1 mom liked this

She can make demands like "only unscented" products? Do you have to follow any of those things? I could see that for allergy purposes but just because that is what she prefers?

on a better note...I'm glad everything was okay in the end!

azmommy21
by Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 1:08 AM
1 mom liked this
I just want to thank you for being a Foster mom I had one as kid and she saved my life
smalltownmom03
by Platinum Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 1:10 AM
3 moms liked this
If she wanted a say in how her child was raised and what products are used she should have thought about that before harming her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlekD
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 1:11 AM
1 mom liked this

You are a good mom doing a wonderful thing by being a foster mom. CPS knows that. Don't worry. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 20, 2013 at 1:15 AM
1 mom liked this

My sister lost custody of her kids in Oct 2011, through this February. My brother and his wife took the two kids on to foster. My brother had to deal with everything under the sun with all the CPS calls my sister used to make. She once complained that there was a laundry basket of clothing in the rear of my brother's vehicle, claiming they must not have a washing machine (they did- it was clothing that someone donated for the kids to wear). Another time, she complained that there were pets in the house (they were in the house when she ASKED my brother to take the kids). Another time, she was upset because her son had some of his lunch on his shirt that had missed his bib.

Seriously, CPS made just about monthly visits over my sister's craziness.

Summerlion1123
by Platinum Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 1:17 AM
1 mom liked this
I didn't know bio parents could make demands like that. Shouldn't she be proving she is a fit parent, not you? Why do you have to jump through hoops for her? If that's how foster parenting is I just don't think I could do it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SoInLove515
by Gold Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 1:19 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow she shook her baby and she's worried about what type of powder you use? She's just mad because you're a better Mom to her child then she'll EVER be! I hope she never gets that baby back.
JocelynsMommy30
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 1:20 AM
I agree with you. Why should someone meet demands that the bio parents make when they couldn't even take care of the kids in the first place. I would be LIVID

Quoting Summerlion1123:

I didn't know bio parents could make demands like that. Shouldn't she be proving she is a fit parent, not you? Why do you have to jump through hoops for her? If that's how foster parenting is I just don't think I could do it.
SoInLove515
by Gold Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 1:21 AM
Right. That's scarey. Especially when she has bio kids of her own.

Quoting Summerlion1123:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 20, 2013 at 1:23 AM

((hugs)) Mama, these sw's know the story, but they have to investigate every complaint even if they know it's bogus.

I was older (old enough to remember) and my mom did the same shit to the man who ran the group home I lived in.  She made all sorts of wild claims, that I was not being fed proper food, that I wasn't allowed to speak to anyone outside the house, that I wasn't allowed to go to school.

She'd never even visited me once, the "improper food" was simply Jamaican food, the owner and a lot of the staff were Jamaican.  The not being allowed to speak to people outside of the home was the 3 week orientation all new arrivals had to acclimate. And we had a schoolroom in the basement where most kids in the group home went.

I think it was misdirected anger and guilt.  

Don't let the woman rile you.  You know you're doing right by that child and one day that child will appreciate that kind people were there for him.

As a former foster kid, thanks for what you do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)