Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm a foster mom bio mom called cps on me....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Well bio mom called cps and had them come out for a child welfare visit. Moms complaints, dirty sock, milk under chin, she only wants unschented products, she has never seen the same outfit but they insisted on checkin her clothes, creams, powder, lotions diapers. Irritates me because her sw has already seen her clothes and other items. The nurse and sw left smiling and happy with us but I am super frustrated, riled, I am having twitches in my eyes, legs and stomach cramps that are Charlie horses. Give me patience! Help me stay calm! Help me forgive this woman for putting my fosters and my own kids in jeopardy. I smiled through the whole you know she's jealous speech, be giving. I took her unschented wipes, new bottles, new powder. What more can I do? Should I bleed for her? Bow down like she's pharaoh? This evil woman shook her baby...made her eyes bleed caused brain damage....I am flabergasted too many emotions to even put them all into speech. I am taking baby into dr tomorrow for the third time in three weeks so he can tell bio mom her bit of diaper rash is normal....simple frown

good news is the house was clean and even smelled yummy since I had enchiladas in the oven!  Sw spoke with y son didn't bother to wake my dd and fs who were napping... 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:36 AM
Replies (41-46):
HotMomma2622
by Gold Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 4:54 AM
1 mom liked this
Your a wonderful parent and for you to deal with the struggles of taken care of someone else's child I send big hugs. its not easy for us woman to watch another woman love our child and give our child things we can't give them. What she did was horrible, and she knows you are better for that child so she is jealous and she is going to try to do what ever it takes to make you look bad but, you just keep loving that baby and keep doing what you are. Big hugs to you.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
I_luv_my_boys3
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 5:20 AM
1 mom liked this
I personally think she should be grateful you're doing the best you can for her child. It's sad to hear these kinds of stories :( Hope it all goes well! *HUGS*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 20, 2013 at 6:21 AM

At the visit center they ask me for my full name when I walk through the door. When she gave her info they look me up I'm sure I am in the system as her childs fm. Mom saw rash at visit today it is a tiy bit red, the sw and nurse checked it when they came I have ointment on it, mom is wanting only powder so now dr will decide what to do. She does not get to dictate powder or cream especially if baby needs it, I am taking her to dr to cover my ass. Just another drs visit for baby girl.

Quoting CampClan:

What I wanna know is how this bio mom knows where her child is?! A friend of mine had her son taken for over 30 days for some bs & she had no clue where her son was except for somewhere over an hour away! Is it because of the supervised visitation she had with the child that she knew of the child's rash?

CampClan
by Platinum Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 6:28 AM
Ok gotcha. Umm.... in my experience powder doesn't clear a rash up. Helps prevent it yes but if it's not used all the time then a rash can occur. Especially if the child is on meds. I have one kid at the daycare I work at & his mom would use powder every morning (we coant because it could cause a choking hazard if inhaled). When he turned 1 last month she stopped for some reason. Now he has a rash that I have to treat with cream. O_o

Quoting Anonymous:

At the visit center they ask me for my full name when I walk through the door. When she gave her info they look me up I'm sure I am in the system as her childs fm. Mom saw rash at visit today it is a tiy bit red, the sw and nurse checked it when they came I have ointment on it, mom is wanting only powder so now dr will decide what to do. She does not get to dictate powder or cream especially if baby needs it, I am taking her to dr to cover my ass. Just another drs visit for baby girl.

Quoting CampClan:

What I wanna know is how this bio mom knows where her child is?! A friend of mine had her son taken for over 30 days for some bs & she had no clue where her son was except for somewhere over an hour away! Is it because of the supervised visitation she had with the child that she knew of the child's rash?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:21 AM

DH and I are certified foster parents.  We decided to get certified because DH's brother and baby mama are always losing their kids to CPS for a few weeks/months at a time.  Every time we got the kids, we'd buy all new stuff for them (started when they were 2 and newborn, they are now 5 1/2 and 3 1/2) and then when CPS returned them to their parents they'd assure us that all was well and it would never happen  again and we'd send everything back.  They wouldn't even bring us a carseat with the kids!

The last time we had them we had to get restraining orders on the parents.  They'll call CPS from jail and make outragous accusations and have CPS going through my home.  Of course they never find anything, but it's still a hassle and always a scary time.

Fostering can be very rewarding, but it can also be very heartbreaking!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 20, 2013 at 4:51 PM

Took baby to Dr she has a yeast infection/ bit of diaper rash. I for got to have him check the Mongolian spot but it should be on her right record. I am so tired. Long day. Tomorrow will be awesome Friday is our next visit. I will do my very damn best to be pleasant and smile through the whole thing...for baby girl! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)