Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

well tonight has been one hell of a whirlwind for me..

Posted by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:44 AM
  • 26 Replies
First a mutual friend that my ex husband and i share informed me that my ex husband is expecting yet ANOTHER child. Ffs he abandoned my son six yrs ago...has three other children that he does nothing for.. married a 40 yr old woman and now they're having a child? I feel sorry for her. Any man that can walk out of the lives of not one..not two..but FOUR children is not anyone i would marry let alone have a child with. Im sure he sold her some sob story as to why he has nothing to do with his children, but the poor gal. Oh well. my son has a dad and that's all that matters. I just laughed and said, "well hopefully she wont learn the lesson i did..or his other kids moms."

Then one of my closest friends revealed a secret she had been hiding from everyone. She's Pakistani and is very religious. She wears a hijab and everything. Well today she told me...she agreed to an arranged marriage and has accepted the purposal of a gentleman from Pakistan. I was floored. She's in the middle of nursing school and has lives here her entire life. I was unaware that she was even thinking about marriage let alone an arranged one. I just asked her if she was happy and if she wanted to spend her life with him. She said yes... so i congratulated her and said we had to go ring shopping. In her culture they don't really do engagement rings, but he told her she could pick one out and he'll buy it. So i guess we're going ring shopping.

Hows your night going?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:47 AM

where is YOUR whirlwind? Your nose being in your ex's life doesn't have anything to do with you...and your friend is happy and getting married, so no wind there....I'm not sure what the drama is?

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:49 AM

sounds kind of tame lol.

my night has involved starting ds2's quilt and giving dh a pedicure

marinenonstop
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:51 AM
My nose wasn't in anything. My friend found it amusing and told me. Where exactly did i say there was drama? I didn't. I said it took me for a whirlwind. Like one of those, "whoa!" Kind of nights.

Quoting Anonymous:

where is YOUR whirlwind? Your nose being in your ex's life doesn't have anything to do with you...and your friend is happy and getting married, so no wind there....I'm not sure what the drama is?

marinenonstop
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:52 AM
What colors are you doing the quilt? Crotchet or knit? I crotchet mainly..could never get a hold of the two needle thing.

Quoting bustybee:

sounds kind of tame lol.

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:56 AM

I'm doing a patch work type quilt with paper piecing pieces (where you have the design on a piece of paper and sew in straight lines to create the image) for ds2's name and birthdate. I have been putting it off for about a week now lol. the quilt is 'duck' themed becuase his nickname is 'ducky' so its mostly orange, yellow, green, and blue. but I am using black to emphasise the letters/numbers.

Quoting marinenonstop:

What colors are you doing the quilt? Crotchet or knit? I crotchet mainly..could never get a hold of the two needle thing.

Quoting bustybee:

sounds kind of tame lol.

marinenonstop
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:58 AM
Awwww it sounds adorable! You must post pics when you're done with it. I would love to see how it comes out. My mom did one like that for both my boys when i was pregnant. The youngest has a winnie the pooh themed one

Quoting bustybee:

I'm doing a patch work type quilt with paper piecing pieces (where you have the design on a piece of paper and sew in straight lines to create the image) for ds2's name and birthdate. I have been putting it off for about a week now lol. the quilt is 'duck' themed becuase his nickname is 'ducky' so its mostly orange, yellow, green, and blue. but I am using black to emphasise the letters/numbers.

Quoting marinenonstop:

Quoting bustybee:

sounds kind of tame lol.

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Mar. 20, 2013 at 3:02 AM

I probably will, but it willl be a while lol. I'm doing all three boys quilts in segments (and when this baby is born in may, if  Ihaven't finished the quilts yet I'll have to play 'catchup' with its quilt). but I am excited, its something I have been wanting to do for over a year

Quoting marinenonstop:

Awwww it sounds adorable! You must post pics when you're done with it. I would love to see how it comes out. My mom did one like that for both my boys when i was pregnant. The youngest has a winnie the pooh themed one

Quoting bustybee:

Quoting marinenonstop:

Quoting bustybee:

sounds kind of tame lol.

marinenonstop
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 3:07 AM
Oh wow. Yea three quilts will take you some time. It would take me like a week to crotchet one blankie so i can imagine what you're doing. I think it took my mom about a month to finally finish the winnie the pooh one. She actually started it when i was pregnant with my oldest and then i found out it was a boy and changed the theme. So she put it away. With the baby, she said come hell or high water she was going to finish it. Lol the border was the tricky part. Because she wanted it to look like it was meant for a boy so she kept changing it. I told her winnie the pooh is unisex..it didnt matter. Lol

Quoting bustybee:

I probably will, but it willl be a while lol. I'm doing all three boys quilts in segments (and when this baby is born in may, if  Ihaven't finished the quilts yet I'll have to play 'catchup' with its quilt). but I am excited, its something I have been wanting to do for over a year

Quoting marinenonstop:

Quoting bustybee:

Quoting marinenonstop:

Quoting bustybee:

sounds kind of tame lol.

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Mar. 20, 2013 at 3:14 AM

lol, I haven't even thought that far ahead yet, I'm focusing on getting all the letters done for each of the childrens names. I did 3 tonight (mind you I started at 8:45 and stopped at 10:30) and its hard getting back into remembering how to sew! I had to seamrip every 4th line.

I can't crotchet, I screw around and mess up the tension. I blame being left handed on that and not the fact that it takes time to learn :P I can however kind of do a type of crochet/knitting called tatting, and I CAN knit... as long as I can drop stitches when ever I please :P

Quoting marinenonstop:

Oh wow. Yea three quilts will take you some time. It would take me like a week to crotchet one blankie so i can imagine what you're doing. I think it took my mom about a month to finally finish the winnie the pooh one. She actually started it when i was pregnant with my oldest and then i found out it was a boy and changed the theme. So she put it away. With the baby, she said come hell or high water she was going to finish it. Lol the border was the tricky part. Because she wanted it to look like it was meant for a boy so she kept changing it. I told her winnie the pooh is unisex..it didnt matter. Lol

Quoting bustybee:

Quoting marinenonstop:

Quoting bustybee:

Quoting marinenonstop:

Quoting bustybee:

sounds kind of tame lol.

marinenonstop
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 3:17 AM
Believe it or not.. it is a little more difficult for lefties to crotchet! So that's legit.

Quoting bustybee:

lol, I haven't even thought that far ahead yet, I'm focusing on getting all the letters done for each of the childrens names. I did 3 tonight (mind you I started at 8:45 and stopped at 10:30) and its hard getting back into remembering how to sew! I had to seamrip every 4th line.

I can't crotchet, I screw around and mess up the tension. I blame being left handed on that and not the fact that it takes time to learn :P I can however kind of do a type of crochet/knitting called tatting, and I CAN knit... as long as I can drop stitches when ever I please :P

Quoting marinenonstop:

Quoting bustybee:

Quoting marinenonstop:

Quoting bustybee:

Quoting marinenonstop:

Quoting bustybee:

sounds kind of tame lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)