Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You know what i hate about Cops. ETA MY STATE LAW

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 345 Replies
3 moms liked this

Let me add for all the mothers who immediatley may feel offended or personally attacked, this is for most not ALL police officers.

That being said, i dislike no strongly dislike the police officers in my state. They are rude, judgemental, and do not help they way they should. today on my way to work, there was someone who riding behind me, (im on the highway the speed limit is 55) i am doing 60 miles. the car behind speed up really fast and kind of swerves alittle as if to tell me to speed up, there is traffic on the road so it wasnt like i was clear to get over on my right, to allow the person to pass. Not that i would anyway because im already doing over the speed limit. then the cop lights go off, im like really im getting pulled over? i speed up to get past the car on my right and pull to the right lane, the cops speeds past cuts off his lights and as im driving i see him do the same thing again to another car.

thats so rude first off i have a baby on board sign on the back of my window , and my dd in the car why is this cop riding my ass like this. second off, im already doing 5 miles over the speed limit why do polic officers feel it to be ok for civillians to speed only when they are in a hurry? because if that cop was clocking or timing people i wouldve been pulled over and summoned a ticket right?

now i know most of you will say maybe he got a call, and had to hurry there... NO ! if he had an emergency the law is the officer, ambulance etc are suppose to ride with their lights and sirens on to warn the other drivers to  get over.. he was just being a ass. and took advantage of the fact that he is a officer.. smh vent over

this is just ONE incident i have had with cops.. sorry but i never want to say i  hate anyone but i STRONGLY dislike police officers.

eta: this copied straight from my states driving and traffic laws.

Chapter 10, Section 8: Overtaking and Passing

Three-Laned Highways - A roadway that has traffic traveling in opposite directions may have three lanes. The center lane, unless marked otherwise, may be used only to overtake and pass another vehicle, and only when it is safe to do so. If it is earmarked for one direction of travel, the far left lane should be used for faster traffic or as a passing lane.

AND

1. Passing is legal whenever there is a broken line on your side of the road or when there is a single white broken line in the middle of a two-lane road.
  2. Use a passing lane only when the maneuver is perceived as safe and prudent and can be completed without use of excessive speed. You must complete the pass within a reasonable amount of time, and you cannot exceed the speed limit

soooo, to all you KNOW IT ALLS, 1. my state does NOT have the law where the left lane is used only for passing , that only applys if its three or more lanes, (i was on a two lane highway) and not only is it passing for three or more lanes but its also used for those who drive faster.

2nd. read number two please.. dont worry ill wait..

ok so THAT COP IS AN ASSHOLE AND HE HAD ME BREAK THE LAW. BY GOING 15 MILES OVER THE SPEED LIMIT TO GET INFRONT OF THE OTHER CAR IN MY RIGHT LANE.  OH but let me guess its ok to break the law if the officer tells you too? yeah HI. all of you ladies calling my a dumbass can do one better kiss my ass :)

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
StrangeDays
by Gold Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:47 AM
2 moms liked this
I agree. I've had stuff like that happen, too. There have been a few that were decent and nice, but in general, they really do seem to abuse their authority.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:52 AM
I know a few really awesome cops. But I also know a few shitty ones. (Probation officers are on my shit list this week)

But it's just like anything else. There are good teachers and bad teachers, good bosses and bad bosses...
Toonkasmommy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:53 AM
That happens all the time here! The police are not always great either. I met some nice ones though:)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Lindsayhoy0612
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:54 AM
4 moms liked this
In my state it's illegal to drive in the left lane.... It's for passing only. Maybe he just wanted you to move over
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:57 AM

I know exactly how you feel.  Over the last year my opinion of law enforcement has changed and not for the better.  I also was in a minor accident a few years ago and the police officer who came said he knew I was a good driver because he had seen me driving around town.  It really bothered me.  I had a vanity plate that was easy to remember, I guess.  I changed that one and will never do that again.  I have always thought they were there to help.  It is the other things that really bother me. 

owl0210
by Emerald Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:58 AM
7 moms liked this
People still put baby on board signs on their cars?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:01 AM
1 mom liked this
I HATE when cops do that just so they can go flying up the highway for no other reason then because they can. And you know it's not an emergency because they turn the lights off right after doing the dumb shit.
MelanieMans
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:04 AM
2 moms liked this
I hate the little piggys too. Everytime one drives by or I see one me and my husband say "I smell bacon, I smell grease, I smell the St. Peters police"
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:07 AM
12 moms liked this

Um NO the law is not for them to have their sires on the ENTIRE time.  Only when they need people to move!

This is a ridiculous thing to be irritated over.

bear.katten
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:08 AM
4 moms liked this

Hatin' on the cops n shit!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)