Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i am about ready to shave her hair off.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 37 Replies
She is 9 years old. More than old enough to care for her own hair and she will NOT do it. She runs the comb through Once And does not take care of the tangles. Her hair is only sholder length so there is no damn excuse for this bs.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:52 AM
Mind you i would not actualy shave it but i Would cut it very very short.
C.S.K.L
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:58 AM
My dd is 8 and has the same hair length and it's really thick too. And I always have to do it for her. She does the same thing, in the mornings a quick brush through and she's done. Mean while it's still a mess even more so in the back cause of sleeping on it.
I have thin hair and just don't know what to do with such thick hair, when it comes to managing it
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mandaday
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:01 AM
Help her brush and braid it before bed. There seems to be less of a rush in the evening ( for us anyway), and it isn't so bad in the morning. This is what I did with my daughter at that age.
Jennyanne322
by Platinum Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:02 AM
Have you tried detangler spray or spray in conditioner? Have you tried showing her to start at the bottom of her hair and work her way up? And to hold the hair in her hand close to her head, so it doesn't pull and hurt her? I use to have very long hair and my mom was no help with doing anything to it.
robyann
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:05 AM

I always helped my girls with their hair until they were older,like 13 or so. I enjoyed doing it, it was something we had between us, like a special few minutes to talk. Occasionally, I'll still brush my youngest dd's hair, she's 17! 

MelanieMans
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:07 AM
1 mom liked this
My mom did my hair all the way to fifth grade because she could make better pony tails than me
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:07 AM
Her hair is to short to braid. It is about 3 inches above her sholders.

Quoting mandaday:

Help her brush and braid it before bed. There seems to be less of a rush in the evening ( for us anyway), and it isn't so bad in the morning. This is what I did with my daughter at that age.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:08 AM
Yes to all of it.

Quoting Jennyanne322:

Have you tried detangler spray or spray in conditioner? Have you tried showing her to start at the bottom of her hair and work her way up? And to hold the hair in her hand close to her head, so it doesn't pull and hurt her? I use to have very long hair and my mom was no help with doing anything to it.

RiotousDigits
by Ruby Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:20 AM

this is why DD2 (6) wanting a pixie is perfect.  she MUST be able to do her own hair at school next year because I won't be there to do it for her.

DD1 (8) has has a "sporty" inverted bob

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:21 AM

9 is NOT old enough to care for hair..she is a child, you know

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured