Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

EDIT: Update on my pregnant 15yo DSD / added link to Kensley update post

I made a new post titled Update on baby Kensley and DSD. Not really sure how to make this clicky or if I even can...

http://www.cafemom.com/group/115189/forums/read/18251596/Update_on_baby_Kensley_and_DSD

Things have really turned sour over here. My DSD got put in the hospital after her first doctors appt because she was 4 cm dialated. They said they were going to keep her for 7 weeks but yesterday morning she delivered a 1 pound 2 ounce baby girl. She named her Kensley Nicole. Kensley is currently in nicu. She had to have a blood transfusion due to infection and the odds are really not in her favor. All we can do is pray for her. My heart breaks for DSD...

Thanks everyone for your prayers and support. Some of the people on cafemom can be cruel and heartless but for every one person that is like that there are 5 others who aren't.

A little more information for those who have missed my previous posts...

DSD got pregnant and knew since November but didn't tell anyone because she was afraid her BM would make her have an abortion. She finally told us about 2 weeks ago. We booked her a doctors appt and that was the day she got put in the hospital. She was 23 weeks when she delivered.

We are not on PA and do not plan on seeking PA. Her dad and I both work 40+ hours a week and also have a 9 month old. We do well for ourselves and I am very proud of my family. If infact we were poor, we would still be happy about the new addition and probably would get PA. It is there for people that need it.

by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:24 AM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:52 AM
While that's sad, would it possibly be for the best if she didn't pull through? Yes, I'm being a bit insensitive, but how can a 15 year old provide for a baby?
vwd_johnson
by Ruby Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:52 AM
Sending positive thoughts!!!! There's a long journey ahead but I hope there's a positive outcome :(

Like a few others have said, I was born at 2lbs 1oz and was in the hospital a little over 3 months, they even told my mom I had passed, but here I am! And this was in the 80's as well.

Do they know why she dialated so early? Big hugs to your poor DSD, I can't imagine.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DevinAnnesmom
by Sarah on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:53 AM
1 mom liked this
I'll be praying!! My best friend delivered her baby at 20 weeks (1 lb 2 oz) and she's a happy, mostly healthy 4 year old now, so anything can happen.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vwd_johnson
by Ruby Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:54 AM
31 moms liked this
REALLY? Its NEVER best for a baby to pass away. Take your teen pregnancy hating crap ELSEWHERE.

She has the support and love of SM and DH obviously. A 15yr old can get a job to help with bills, finish school, and even YES, help raise a baby.. it does happen.

For you to even say that... I can't even.....

Quoting Anonymous:

While that's sad, would it possibly be for the best if she didn't pull through? Yes, I'm being a bit insensitive, but how can a 15 year old provide for a baby?
AdensMommy1107
by Emerald Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:54 AM
Oh wow :( My thoughts go out to her and your family
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jambaby
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:55 AM

I know 4 people who delivered between 23and 25 weeks and all 4 babies (after many months) came home. Two of them are now 4 years old and doing great, 1 is 3 and the last just turned 1.

I wil pray for your DSD.

starlight91
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:56 AM

Sending prayers!

XoXo.Nikki.XoXo
by Gold Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:57 AM
Hugs and prayers sent your way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
askyourmother
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:57 AM
I like her name. I hope shes okay.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:57 AM
So the parents and taxpayers can provide for the baby, you mean.

Yes, I hate teen pregnancy, and with just cause.

Quoting vwd_johnson:

REALLY? Its NEVER best for a baby to pass away. Take your teen pregnancy hating crap ELSEWHERE.

She has the support and love of SM and DH obviously. A 15yr old can get a job to help with bills, finish school, and even YES, help raise a baby.. it does happen.

For you to even say that... I can't even.....

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)