Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

EDIT: Update on my pregnant 15yo DSD / added link to Kensley update post

I made a new post titled Update on baby Kensley and DSD. Not really sure how to make this clicky or if I even can...

http://www.cafemom.com/group/115189/forums/read/18251596/Update_on_baby_Kensley_and_DSD

Things have really turned sour over here. My DSD got put in the hospital after her first doctors appt because she was 4 cm dialated. They said they were going to keep her for 7 weeks but yesterday morning she delivered a 1 pound 2 ounce baby girl. She named her Kensley Nicole. Kensley is currently in nicu. She had to have a blood transfusion due to infection and the odds are really not in her favor. All we can do is pray for her. My heart breaks for DSD...

Thanks everyone for your prayers and support. Some of the people on cafemom can be cruel and heartless but for every one person that is like that there are 5 others who aren't.

A little more information for those who have missed my previous posts...

DSD got pregnant and knew since November but didn't tell anyone because she was afraid her BM would make her have an abortion. She finally told us about 2 weeks ago. We booked her a doctors appt and that was the day she got put in the hospital. She was 23 weeks when she delivered.

We are not on PA and do not plan on seeking PA. Her dad and I both work 40+ hours a week and also have a 9 month old. We do well for ourselves and I am very proud of my family. If infact we were poor, we would still be happy about the new addition and probably would get PA. It is there for people that need it.

by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:24 AM
Replies (41-50):
Megan11587
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:57 AM
Ugh, I'm so sorry to hear this. Is DSD recovering well? I hope everything turns out well.
elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:59 AM

Prayers to your family mama, hope everyone's able to pull through this tough time! Hugs! Please keep us updated!

TheDoctorsWife
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:00 AM
1 mom liked this
How sad to be going through that at such a young age.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
2pittsburghboys
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:00 AM
2 moms liked this

Tons of prayers for your entire family.  My water broke at 24 weeks with DS2 and I was terrified.  I was hospitalized for 5 weeks until I delivered him at 29 weeks.  I saw many things in the NICU and I can say they honestly perform miracles.  Stay strong Momma and be there for your DSD she is going to need all the support she can get right now.  My DS is now an amazing almost 8 yr old that they said wouldn't make it.  He is in advanced classes and plays several sports.  So all things are possible:)  Lots of hugs and prayers.  Keep us updated!!

vwd_johnson
by Ruby Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:01 AM
7 moms liked this
Who said anything about PA? nope. Never mentioned. Don't automatically assume the "taxpayers" will be paying for this baby.

Like I already said, its clear DH and SM are going to help out with the baby and a 15yr old CAN GET A JOB and provide for the baby just as well!!

There's thousands of mothers in their 20's taking another course of college or working long hours where they have family members watching their babies, but ohhh no big deal because their 25 and not a teen.

Quoting Anonymous:

So the parents and taxpayers can provide for the baby, you mean.

Yes, I hate teen pregnancy, and with just cause.

Quoting vwd_johnson:

REALLY? Its NEVER best for a baby to pass away. Take your teen pregnancy hating crap ELSEWHERE.

She has the support and love of SM and DH obviously. A 15yr old can get a job to help with bills, finish school, and even YES, help raise a baby.. it does happen.

For you to even say that... I can't even.....

Quoting Anonymous:

While that's sad, would it possibly be for the best if she didn't pull through? Yes, I'm being a bit insensitive, but how can a 15 year old provide for a baby?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:01 AM
My thoughts exactly God works in mysterious ways....

Quoting Anonymous:

While that's sad, would it possibly be for the best if she didn't pull through? Yes, I'm being a bit insensitive, but how can a 15 year old provide for a baby?

Megan11587
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:02 AM
14 moms liked this

There are just as many adult parents who have taxpayers providing for there kids.  Her parents have offered to support their DSD like loving parents would do.  There is no saying that this child will be relying on taxpayers money.  How dare you suggest that a CHILD is better off dead??  You disgust me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting vwd_johnson:

REALLY? Its NEVER best for a baby to pass away. Take your teen pregnancy hating crap ELSEWHERE.

She has the support and love of SM and DH obviously. A 15yr old can get a job to help with bills, finish school, and even YES, help raise a baby.. it does happen.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:03 AM
1 mom liked this
A 15 year old cannot earn enough money to provide for the child. She'll be on PA in a heartbeat. Don't be naive.

Quoting vwd_johnson:

Who said anything about PA? nope. Never mentioned. Don't automatically assume the "taxpayers" will be paying for this baby.

Like I already said, its clear DH and SM are going to help out with the baby and a 15yr old CAN GET A JOB and provide for the baby just as well!!

There's thousands of mothers in their 20's taking another course of college or working long hours where they have family members watching their babies, but ohhh no big deal because their 25 and not a teen.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting vwd_johnson:

Quoting Anonymous:

ProudMomma1022
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:04 AM
Prayers for your family. My best friends son was 28 weeker and he is a happy healthy 6 year old and no delays. So it is posible good luck to you all a baby isnt easy that young let alone a premiee. Hugs and prayers.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:05 AM
7 moms liked this

Age is not a requirement to be a mother.  She IS a mother.  Is this the ideal situation? No, of course not.  It is NOT the baby's fault.  Seriously, go jump off a bridge or something. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh, please.

A 15 year old isn't a mother, she's just a stupid kid. She has no business having a child.

Quoting Anonymous:

You are a horrible person.    

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)