Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Moms with contacts, help!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
I just got contacts Monday. Since getting then in successfully Monday I cannot get them back in. It's my left eye, I poke the shit out of it with my contact but it won't suction to my eyeball. It either flips inside out or sucks to my finger. I keep drying off my finger but it's still doing it. HELP!!! Any tips would be appreciated.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
danie24
by Ruby Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:41 AM

Maybe the contact is inside out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:42 AM
Just keep trying practice makes perfect... I had the same issue when I first got mine. Now I can take them off and put them in, in no time!
macysmom
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:43 AM
Keep trying. I was a pro when I started at 8 years old. But my husband still can't get his in easily.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:44 AM
I've tried flipping it inside out with no luck either. I've been at it for almost 40 minutes.

Quoting danie24:

LilliesValley
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:45 AM
If your fingers are wet from solution sometimes they'll stick or flip because of that. Dry your fingers on a towel but be careful because lint from the towel could get on your contact. Make sure its facing the right way. Are you using your other hand to pull upwards on your eye lid. I have to do this. Other than that practice, practice, practice. You'll get the hang of it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
danie24
by Ruby Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:47 AM

Maybe just leave it in the solution for a few minutes and come back and try again.

My husband has been wearing them for 10 years. He sticks it on his eyeball and kind of closes his lid to keep it there as he takes his finger away... and then blinks a few times to get it in the right spot.

Creeps me the hell out. I'd rather wear glasses. LOL

Quoting Anonymous:

I've tried flipping it inside out with no luck either. I've been at it for almost 40 minutes.

Quoting danie24:

Lili-plus-3
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:47 AM

What method are you using? I look up, put in the lense, close your eye, then look down then it should 'catch'.

anitarichman
by Anita on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:50 AM

I pull the bottom lid down and put the lens in, then blink.  My fingers are dry when I put the lens on my finger and don't push the lens onto your eyeball, it doesn't work that way....just place it on your eyeball.  You'll get the hang of it. :)

IUND
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:51 AM

Let it sit in solution for a little while.  Then get it out and put on the tip of your index finger (dominant hand).  It should look like a bowl with edge straight up.  If the edges are bent in anyway, its inside out:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:51 AM
Make sure your hands are kinda wet and make sure you put it on the very tip of ur finger. You may need a bigger contacts.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN