Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Crazy ex MIL called cps on me ETU

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 35 Replies

For "feeding ds7 an improperly restrictive diet"

SW will be here in 10mins.

smdh  this woman is crazy and bitter.

Btw, yea, we do have a restrictive diet.  I have a severe peanut allergy and my house is peanut free.  Ohhhhh nooooo! He's gonna drop dead from peanut free products! 

eye rolling

The worker came and was a little confused lol.  She was also pretty irritated.  She told me her next call was to visit a kid in the hospital who had been beaten by his parents badly enough to have broken bones, that CPS didn't need these calls.  I agreed.

Case will be closed, she said I would get a letter.  

Big surprise.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mandaday
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:59 AM
Wow. Did the CPS agent laugh and close the case?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
starlight91
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:59 AM

Just do what you gotta do to show cps there is no problem, couple weeks they will close the case..It will stay on your record for 10 yrs tho.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:00 AM

She hasn't arrived, but this is kinda what I expect to happen.  Sucks the worker has to come here, I'm sure she has better things to do.

Quoting mandaday:

Rebecca7708
by Platinum Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:00 AM
Oh I can't wait to hear how this one turns out........
MommyLo
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:03 AM

my brother's 16 yr old girlfriend called CPS on me when my oldest was a few months old.

i was 19, her father left when i was 3 months pregnant. the reason brother's girlfriend called CPS? i asked my mom to watch the baby while i took a nap.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:04 AM
1 mom liked this

My MIL (who lives states away and has been to my home once, for two hours) calls CPS on me all the time.  It's like she gets bored, thinks up some outrageous claim, and calls CPS "anonymously," (then brags to other family members about her actions."

CPS shows up, asks some questions, look around, and close the case.  It's ridiculous that she ties up such resources with bs when someone who truly needs CPS could be using them.  Instead they're having coffee with me and discuss my batshit crazy MIL.

thickmamaof2
by Gold Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:05 AM
Lol. I bet the case will be closed.
Willis_Mommie
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:06 AM
wow thats crazy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mychele
by Ruby Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:09 AM
This might be why kids who truly need help don't get it. There were kids who killed themselves in CPS care here. I wish people would realize their false allegations do hurt people.

Quoting Anonymous:

She hasn't arrived, but this is kinda what I expect to happen.  Sucks the worker has to come here, I'm sure she has better things to do.

Quoting mandaday:

LadySlimm
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:10 AM

Wow...good luck. They will do the same thing they did to me. Laugh it off. I kicked out my roommate and his GF because they were just leaching of of me, and they got mad and called CPS, told them my house was a wreck, that the kids had bleeding butt rashes, that I had no food. CPS showed up, kids had no butt rashes, house was clean, and pantry was full. I hate when people use CPS to try and "get back" at someone. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)