Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Crazy ex MIL called cps on me ETU

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

For "feeding ds7 an improperly restrictive diet"

SW will be here in 10mins.

smdh  this woman is crazy and bitter.

Btw, yea, we do have a restrictive diet.  I have a severe peanut allergy and my house is peanut free.  Ohhhhh nooooo! He's gonna drop dead from peanut free products! 

eye rolling

The worker came and was a little confused lol.  She was also pretty irritated.  She told me her next call was to visit a kid in the hospital who had been beaten by his parents badly enough to have broken bones, that CPS didn't need these calls.  I agreed.

Case will be closed, she said I would get a letter.  

Big surprise.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:56 AM
Replies (11-20):
Angelanscalf89
by Platinum Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:10 AM
Its a very very long story that I just dont want to get into right now but my dads first ex wife called cps on my mom and told them she locks my 5 year old brother in a dog cage when hes bad the cps worker got there and wanted to know where this alleged dog cage was. Funny thing about that there wasnt a dog or a cage in the house. She was just bitter that my mom had won guardianship of my 14 year old sister. This was about 7 months ago.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:14 AM
I hope you CO her. Toxic assholes shouldn't be allow to have a relationship wit your kids.
rosemagic01
by Ruby Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:16 AM

Soooo ummm are you supposed to feed your kid peanuts even though they have an allergy in MIL's mind or what? I totally don't understand the line of thinking. Restrictions are there to prevent death not to abuse the child! 

JLah
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:18 AM

My friend gets CPS called on her and her hubby all the time. Her hubby's ex wife is just pissed thatmy friend and her hubby have custody of his DS. 

The caseworker comes in asks a few questions and leaves. Ina few days they get a letter in the mail saying the case is closed.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:21 AM
My MIL has threatened to get my kids taken away since I was pregnant with the first one..because she wants more kids.

Funny thing is she's the last person that CPS would give my kids to. They would go to MY family & the dumb bitch would never see them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:22 AM

It's me that has the allergy, I don't bring it in the house because I do the food prep and clean up.  Hard to do that without touching it.  I don;t see how not having peanuts is a big deal lol

The worker just left and she agreed.

Quoting rosemagic01:

Soooo ummm are you supposed to feed your kid peanuts even though they have an allergy in MIL's mind or what? I totally don't understand the line of thinking. Restrictions are there to prevent death not to abuse the child! 

Lottie925
by Gold Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:24 AM

Is your son small for his age? Close to underweight?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:26 AM

He's in 2nd grade and nearly 5' tall.  I would say no, not small.  But that is neither here nor there.  Not having peanuts in the house is not the end of the world.

Quoting Lottie925:

Lottie925
by Gold Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Of course not having peanuts in the house of a severely allergic person is not a problem.

But is the crazy ex MIL concerned that he's underweight?

Quoting Anonymous:

He's in 2nd grade and nearly 5' tall.  I would say no, not small.  But that is neither here nor there.  Not having peanuts in the house is not the end of the world.

Quoting Lottie925:

rosemagic01
by Ruby Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Oh I'm sorry. I totally some how missed that. I still don't think its wrong though. Its safer for you then its safer for the family. There's nothing to disagree with. Your MIL is out of her mind.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's me that has the allergy, I don't bring it in the house because I do the food prep and clean up.  Hard to do that without touching it.  I don;t see how not having peanuts is a big deal lol

The worker just left and she agreed.

Quoting rosemagic01:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)