Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Disney World...how much $$$$$

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 102 Replies
Would we need? We've never been and want to go! My husband has gone before and he said $5000-$6000 would be a good amount. How much have you spent?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ddhb2007
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:00 AM
2 moms liked this

I haven't gone, but I did look online to see what it would cost.  I think your husband's estimate is pretty accurate from what I saw.

notabosley
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:01 AM
1 mom liked this
Approximately 3,000 per person.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:01 AM
We booked an all inclusive trip for 5.
My husband and I with our kids. We have a 4 day park hopper pass and a villa. It was $9000

(That includes the flight)
nicki1018
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:01 AM
1 mom liked this
3000-4000

Family of four staying a week, including gas and food there and back.
kbutton24
by Mrs.Sima on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:02 AM

That sounds about right.. When we go it's probably our cheapest vaca just because I have a friend who works there so we get a discount on our hotel and we get into the parks for free.. BUT the parks are so expensive and we still end up paying a ton for snacks and food in the parks. If you go right to the disney site they have the best packages since you can include park tickets.

nicki1018
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:02 AM
We don't stay at any resorts either, that's just a regular hotel outside of Disney.
FL2AK
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:06 AM
$5000 for 4 days at the 4 parks, staying at a moderate resort and the deluxe dining plan for 5.
Jennyanne322
by Ruby Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:07 AM
If you don't stay at a Disney hotel, that is doable for a week. They have time shares that you can rent and stay there for the trip. They have a full kitchen. So you am make meals if wanted. You don't need to do a hopper pass. Just do one park a day. But the 5 day passes from their site. It's double if you cut the right corners. Are you flying or driving?
2pittsburghboys
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:09 AM

Depends what this includes.  Not including our travel expenses, room at the Boardwalk  and park tickets we spent about $2000 and that was with a family of 5.  If you add in park tickets to that its more like $4500.  Also it really depends on where you eat.  If you have reservations within the park at any restaurant plan on $40-$60 a meal for adults and atleast $20 for each child.  How many people are going in your family ( adults and children)??  Where are you staying??  Depending on your style of spending you can either spend much less or much more.  Check out the website http://www.allears.net/ it helps with planning and answers alot of questions :) 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:35 AM
We're not sure yet. Driving would be cheaper but id like to keep my sanity before getting there!! Lol

Quoting Jennyanne322:

If you don't stay at a Disney hotel, that is doable for a week. They have time shares that you can rent and stay there for the trip. They have a full kitchen. So you am make meals if wanted. You don't need to do a hopper pass. Just do one park a day. But the 5 day passes from their site. It's double if you cut the right corners. Are you flying or driving?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN