Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

the glbt rights house infront of westboro baptist church

Posted by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:36 AM
  • 52 Replies
2 moms liked this
Protester buys $81,000 house opposite homophobic Westboro Baptist Church - so he can re-paint it with colors of gay rights rainbow flag

By KATIE DAVIESPUBLISHED: 16:08 EST, 19 March 2013 | UPDATED: 05:41 EST, 20 March 2013Comments (202)ShareA charity founder bought a house opposite the Westboro Baptist Church headquarters in Topeka, Kansas, so he could protest against the group and celebrate homosexuality by painting it in rainbow colors today.Aaron Jackson, 31, who founded Planting Peace which supports orphanages in the developing world, decided the paint-job would be the perfect counter protest to the organization who are known for their 'God Hates Fags' placards and anti-gay preaching.The two bedroom house, which cost $81,000, now sits proudly re-colored directly opposite the founding base of the non-affiliated group which describes itself as a 'church'.Before: The 2-bedroom $81,000 property sits directly opposite the headquarters of the Westboro Baptist Church. It was a bland gray color, pictured, before it received its protest makeoverRainbow house: Aaron Jackson painted the property in rainbow colors with the help of volunteers this morningBright idea: Aaron Jackson, pictured, decided to make his public protest against the sect six months ago when he bought the property. However, he waited to paint the house todayThe guerrilla protest against the Westboro Baptists is particularly fitting given their sporadic demonstrations interrupting the funerals of dead servicemen with their odd anti-gay rhetoric and chants.The small sect believe homosexuality is the root of all the world's evil and the refusal to denounce it is the cause of all tragedy, including deaths in wa r. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2295972/Now-thats-pride-Man-buys-81-000-house-opposite-homophobic-Westboro-Baptist-Church-headquarters-paint-colors-gay-rights-rainbow-flag.html
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gypsy_rose
by Kandy on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:38 AM
13 moms liked this

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:40 AM

I dislike Westboro as much as the next person, but I feel like this is pointless. You're not going to change their views. Why waste your time and money to mess with them?

gypsy_rose
by Kandy on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:41 AM
Lol i dont know but i think it is very funny. People are getting sick of them.

Quoting Anonymous:

I dislike Westboro as much as the next person, but I feel like this is pointless. You're not going to change their views. Why waste your time and money to mess with them?

lapcounter
by Queen Mom on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:42 AM
LOL....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EvaTheDiva29
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:43 AM

bahahahaha! thats great. 

HappySAHMnWIFE
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:43 AM
I love it. It will simply piss off the WBC but I still love it.
gypsy_rose
by Kandy on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:43 AM
This is "numbers" from wbc.site

Numbers

6676 - soldiers that God has killed in Iraq and Afghanistan.50,076 - pickets conducted by WBC.898 - cities that have been visited by WBC.1134 - weeks that WBC has held daily pickets on the mean streets of doomed america.98 - people whom God has cast into hell since you loaded this page.218,400,000+ - gallons of oil that God poured in the Gulf.$16.74 trillion+ - national debt of doomed america.8 - people that God saved in the flood.16,000,000,000 - people that God killed in the flood.144,000 - Jews that will be saved in these last days.0 - nanoseconds of sleep that WBC members lose over your opinions and feeeeellllliiiiiings.
calcalmommy
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:44 AM
Oh my gosh...ridiculous.
LizzyPookey1248
by Gold Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:44 AM
I love it. Eventhough it is pointless unfortunately you can't fix stupid!
gypsy_rose
by Kandy on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:45 AM
Yah but just imagine how they are reacting right now!

Quoting LizzyPookey1248:

I love it. Eventhough it is pointless unfortunately you can't fix stupid!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured