Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anyone can do well in life. **EDIT** To include a lilttle backstory

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I work full time. I make a six figure income.

Dh works full time. He makes a six figure income.

We have four kids, large home, 3 cars, a boat and a summer cabin.

Neither of us have any more than an associates degree. We worked very hard to get where we are and it took a lot of time, training and ambition. Now we provide a fantastic life for our children.

Neither of us grew up rich. We didn't get help from anyone.

It IS possible to do well in life when you work your ass off for it, and anyone who says they can't do it is just pure lazy.

So many of you women bitch about being poor but half of you sit on your ass and do nothing about it. Stop being lazy and work for it!

EDIT::::::

Since I'm getting the same questions, I'll just put these here:

Again, I was not handed my life. I had my first daughter at 18. I was a single mom. I put myself through school through partial financial aid and partial student loans. I have an associates in Computer Information Systems. I work in the Information technology field. I maintain and troubleshoot computer systems used by a large and well known insurance company. I would partially from home using my computers. I work partially at the offices in my area that need assistance with their systems. And I occasionally travel to other states to update or repair their systems.

DH is a V.P. of a nickel plating company. He started there 17 years ago as a laboror working in the factory. He put himself through school. He had his degree when we met. He worked his way up through the company and has now been the V.P. for the past three years.

To those that are happy with your life... this isn't in reference to you. You do NOT need to make 6 figures to be happy. This was in reference to those who whine and complain about their life but don't attempt to change it. They sit on CM saying how hard their life is but refuse to work. They brag about their foodstamps. They say its SOOOO hard because they don't TRY.

The point of my post is this: If you don't try to become successful, you never will. But if you put your blood, sweat and tears into it, you can make your life what you want it.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:09 AM
Replies (111-120):
Syphon
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:27 PM

What do you do?

Quoting Anonymous:

I make 5000/mo doing something no one would believe makes that much.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:28 PM
1 mom liked this
No, in society not everyone can be successful. That's not how it is structured. Someone has to cook the burgers at McDonald's. Someone has to collect the garbage. Someone has to scrape the road kill of the side of the road. Someone has to work at the retail store where you buy all the stuff to fill your fancy house. Someone has to work at the daycare wiping your kid's butt so that you can be successful.
SterlingHeart
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:29 PM
1 mom liked this

not to be a bitch - but am sure if we went back to evaluate your choices and paths chosen we could have found a few left turns that would have ended you up in a better place.... it is a very sad that people keep trying trump up her success with luck --- everything in life has a bit of luck wrapped up with effort and determination and pure smarts -- 

this board is about confessing what you think or feel --- and it was granted an anon option

so to complain about either option she has chosen and exercised is silly 

i am not sure as to her motivation for sharing all her life's details --- but i can see where the inclination has stemmed from -- there are a rather large amount of "poor me" women on here and it is very disconcerting to think all them are just down on their luck.

We in life make our choices - and we must live with them - right wrong or indifferent -- but to own them and not flaunt them as attention deriving devices would be the optimum choice of action... there is no shame in a low income life.... but don't brush off someone else's success as just luck --- so many of us wake up everyday and just put the pedal to the metal 100 % and take no prisoners!  LOL 

Quoting beatlelovermom:

We have worked hard our whole lives too. Yet you don't see me making posts about it. The difference is we have nothing to show for it. You got lucky.

Oh, and nice job going anon. That really shows your pride.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sorry no. Charmed would be if this was handed to me. I worked for it.

Quoting beatlelovermom:

Thanks for sharing your charmed life.

SterlingHeart

"these ramblings courtesy of a mom over 40"

Syphon

Canvas meaning what?  Sales?

Quoting Anonymous:

Canvass team leader

Quoting Anonymous:

What?

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:29 PM
Find a talent & hope your amazing at it..

Quoting Anonymous:

What if you were born with a very low IQ?
SterlingHeart

where do you read mad?  I was just asking a question LOL 

Quoting Anonymous:

Why you so mad?

Quoting SterlingHeart:

okay so then why the anon and why the speculation on how amazed we will be --- Marketing is a huge part of industry - why wouldn't we belive that?

Quoting Anonymous:

Not a hooker. Not even close. I'm a marketing manager of a canvass team.

Quoting SterlingHeart:

we don't care that you are a hooker 

Quoting Anonymous:

SterlingHeart

"these ramblings courtesy of a mom over 40"

Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:30 PM
And the point of you brag post was?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jamamama00
by Platinum Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:30 PM

I don't know if this ever occurs to some people, but not everyone can be well-off. Our economic system simply does not work that way. Someone has to flip the burgers. Someone has to mop the floors. On any rung of the "household income" ladder, there are only so many jobs to be had. Yes, there is a huge disparity in our country as far as distribution of wealth is conerned. But that doesn't change the fact that those with money are only willing to part with so much. I do believe that if you live right and make the "correct" choices, your chances of succeeding and at the least being set comfortably in the middle class are pretty good. However, there are still roadblocks every step of the way for many of the underpriveledged. Not everyone can make it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:30 PM
How did you manage to go to school, work, and and take care of your daughter? I'm just curious because you mentioned you were a single teen mom.
Aydans_Mommy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:30 PM
Eh.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)