Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Affairs- did you really not know

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I hear a lot of women say they were blind sided by affairs. I am just curious if you really truly didn't know or wanted to deny it?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:38 AM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:53 AM

I ignored my suspicions because I thought infidelity was impossible. I was even having dreams about finding out my husband cheated on the woman he actually cheated on me with. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:54 AM
I had my suspicisons. I didn't know for sure but I had a pretty good idea. It still felt like a punch in the gut when he confessed though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:58 AM
SHE was totally blindsided. She had no idea until I called her and told her that her DH would be living with me now. Oh was she shocked...
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:58 AM
When I had an affair my SO knew because of how I was acting. He forgave me after he got me to actually say the words out loud.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:01 PM
What signs?

Quoting Stephd710:

I had no idea about the first two.  I had suspicions on the 3rd which led me to investigate.....then he confessed to 2 others.  Now looking back the signs were there, I just wasnt looking for them.  

Lizardannie1966
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:01 PM

I think for many, once they are given concrete proof that their spouse cheated (or the spouse owned up to it), they start realizing the tell-tale signs they missed and THEN realize it was more than evident something was going on.

However, there are a lot of men and women who thought everything was OK and are sincerely blown away to find out that their spouse has been cheating on them for a very long time.

Sadly, they start doubting who they can trust at all.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:03 PM

I was the on the mistress side once, and I know for a FACT that the wife knew because she always was driving past my house to see if he was there, was always cornering me at the bar, and a few other things. But it was funny how fast she denied ever knowing about me when I ended up pregnant. Even told my best friend she had no idea. Bullshit she didn't know. 

hotmama83227
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:03 PM

i think you always know. but you can be totally blind to it.

MichelleSw
by CoolStory on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:04 PM
Not all people are strongly instinctual!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rjmac88
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:05 PM
I knew every time he did it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)