Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do my husband and I have the right to be mad?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 104 Replies
Okay so I mentioned to MIL the other day DH and I may be planning a Disney trip this summer. Well she calls yesterday and asks if we want to go with them and SIL and get a villa and split it. Wonderful! The kids would love their cousin and grandparents there. So I say sure (assuming this is a 3 way split) no, it's a two way. They are paying half (half also includes SIL and her daughter) and we are expected to pay the other half. Just because SIL is broke on welfare and we are comfortable we are expected to pay. I've already have a problem with her favoritism among the kids in the past but I blow it off. They make $40,000 a month almost. Am I wrong to think if they can do that for one kid and grand kid they should offer at least my husband and our kids the same?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mtdew
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:06 PM
14 moms liked this

If she is paying for them, then she should pay 2/3 and you should pay 1/3.  By you paying 1/2, you are also having to pay some for SIL.

chaslee
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:07 PM

You think they should pay for your trip, too?  I am just trying to understand.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:08 PM
1 mom liked this
I would pay for your family only. I think it is wrong for you to expect them to pay for you, especially since it was your idea, but it is also wrong for you to have to pay part of SIL share too
gypsy_rose
by Kandy on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:09 PM
She does not want to have to pay for her sil. Op i would say nm no thanks.

Quoting chaslee:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
audreesmama
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:10 PM
I wouldn't expect them to pay for me, no. I would expect a 3 way split and they should pay for sil and theirs.
CorpCityGrl
by Platinum Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:10 PM
2 moms liked this

If she is paying for SIL too, then your MIL should pay for 2/3 of this trip and you should only pay 1/3 of it.  It's not fair really that you too have to take up the extra slack for your SIL.

Mom2KIL
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:10 PM
1 mom liked this
I would just tell them no. What happens when you guys get there and the SIL has no money??? This happens a lot withy husbands parents too. They favor his sister over him and his brother. Umm...they could have the lifestyle we have if they didn't take off from work all of the time. It should be interesting when she has kids.
chaslee
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:11 PM
Thanks for clearing that up for me. I was confused. I wouldn't pay for her either, just tell them no thank you or that you will pay 1/3.
Quoting gypsy_rose:

She does not want to have to pay for her sil. Op i would say nm no thanks.

Quoting chaslee:

gypsy_rose
by Kandy on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:11 PM
It was not her idea. Op mentioned to mil she and her family may go to disny, mol called back another day saying why dont we all go. It would probably be cheaper for op to go with just her family.

Quoting Anonymous:

I would pay for your family only. I think it is wrong for you to expect them to pay for you, especially since it was your idea, but it is also wrong for you to have to pay part of SIL share too

lovinglife0682
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:11 PM
1 mom liked this
I would go halves. I love my sils and would want my kids to be with their cousins.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)