Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How Much

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies

Money Do you spend on average to stay looking good, as far as Make up, Clothes, Shoes, Nails, Hair, Tan, Ect? Whatever it is that you do that makes you look good or feel good about you... 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:28 PM
Like...MAYBE $200 a year on clothes. Makeup makes my skins dry out, I hate shoes, don't get my nails or hair done and I am terrified of tanning beds.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MsRkg
by Gold Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:29 PM
A lot. I have very very expensive taste.
HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:29 PM
So far this year, $20. A few new shirts, some flip flops and new make up because my kid got into my old stuff.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GirlWSemiAuto
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:30 PM
1 mom liked this
$55 gym membership

$20.clothing budget (undies/stockings usually, but I pick up a new pair of Jeans a couple times a year)

$2 new nail polish

I do my own nails and hair and don't spend much on makeup. I don't want to age prematurely so I don't tan. I've learned that the best self esteem boost I can get is an hour or two at the gym.
wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:32 PM

I live in flip flops and uggs, probably 20 bucks a summer on flip flops. Maybe 250 on clothes a year. Maybe 40 on hair cuts, I don't get them often enough. I don't do nails or makeup. Wouldn't work with my lifestyle. Tan is free courtesy of our beach lifestyle.

barneysaid
by Gold Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:34 PM
Uhm. About $20 a month if that... I'm very low maintenance.... Lil more for summer... Gata have the pedicure :)
redneckmama4
by Loree on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:36 PM
Not a lot at all.
Lalalie
by Gold Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:36 PM

Make up lasts forever and a half. I buy razors regularly. Can't seem to find any actual good ones. So those get pretty spendy. For some reason that's the biggest thing that comes to mind, lol. I don't get my hair done regularly or anything.

We are still honestly working out a good budget. We aren't broke, or even close, but I would like to get a budget set up of how much we spend on stuff like this on average but it is sporadic as of now. I'd call it a work in progress, and this is just a giant 'I don't know'.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:36 PM

I spend alot of money, I just spent $150 On 2 pairs of jeans, I lay in the tanning bed which will cost me $50 This weekend (FOR A MONTH), When I buy makeup I spend Between $60-70 Unless Im just buying A few small things I ran out of, Shoes OH MAN I love shoes I have 3 shelves in my bed room for my hells and they are in rows of 3's..lol..I have a shoe fetish I think..lol...I havent Dyed my Hair in 6-7 years And thinking about going for a dramatic change and It's gonna be $100 + But Not really decided yet...  But I spend entirely too much money on clothes and beauty stuff i think..I think I need rehab..lol

Sarafinn2012
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:38 PM

Don't wear makeup, don't really buy new clothes, hate shoes, do my own nails, don't tan and wear a pony tail most the time. My kids make me feel good about myself, and I naturally look good. :) But, if I had to put a number on it, I'd say $200 a year.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)