Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
I can't wait!!!

Have you read the books?
Have you heard the audiobooks?
Did you watch the first movie?
What are your thoughts? Love them, hate them, totally indifferent?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:29 PM
Replies (31-40):
xSPLENDIFEROUSx
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:51 PM

I read them, and I loved them, but I haven't seen the movies yet

AnnieMcD
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:52 PM
LMAO. I love audiobooks. They're great especially when I'm cleaning or at the gym.

Quoting rosemagic01:

I've read the books.

Do people still listen to audiobooks?

Yes I watched the first. 

I hated the books with a passion. The first was SO depressing it took me a week to read it because I emotionally couldn't stand the depressing nature of it. I honestly refused to read the rest without threats from my BFF. Liked the movie though they took most of the depressing parts out and sped it up! 

mlg1989
by ZombieMegg on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:52 PM
Agreed. Many complained about the movie but i was like "how do you expect them to act out what Katniss is thinking, thats the majority of the book is her contemplating in her mind?" No one ever answers me after that. Haters will just keep hating lol!

Quoting AnnieMcD:

I'm really pleased with how they adapted the book.

Quoting LilliesValley:

Loved the books, read all three in two days. The first movie was pretty good. I'm looking forward to the next movie.

liveforever
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:52 PM
I never read Twilight but I thought her new book was really good. Plus that one was geared more for adults. Either way its just entertainment!

Quoting AntzMom24:

Ugh... Another teen series on the big screen. A lot of them are coming soon too. Just when I thought that stupid Stephanie Meyer was finally out of the movie business. Aren't we supposed to be grown adults? SMH. 

AnnieMcD
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:53 PM
Exactly. I'm glad they gave that exposition to Cesar Flickerman. It made a lot more sense. And then when I was watching the movie with Husband I didn't have to get into what a Tracker-Jacker is, cause hey, Cesar's explaining for me!

Quoting mlg1989:

Agreed. Many complained about the movie but i was like "how do you expect them to act out what Katniss is thinking, thats the majority of the book is her contemplating in her mind?" No one ever answers me after that. Haters will just keep hating lol!

Quoting AnnieMcD:

I'm really pleased with how they adapted the book.

Quoting LilliesValley:

Loved the books, read all three in two days. The first movie was pretty good. I'm looking forward to the next movie.

ashybaby87
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:53 PM

I'm ready for it! Read the books and saw the 1st movie!

AnnieMcD
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:53 PM
The Host was much better than any of the Twilight books. By far. I can't wait for that movie either.

Quoting liveforever:

I never read Twilight but I thought her new book was really good. Plus that one was geared more for adults. Either way its just entertainment!

Quoting AntzMom24:

Ugh... Another teen series on the big screen. A lot of them are coming soon too. Just when I thought that stupid Stephanie Meyer was finally out of the movie business. Aren't we supposed to be grown adults? SMH. 

AntzMom24
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:54 PM

No no no no. The Twilight Moms who are gaga over Edward and Jacob. Disgusting. Soon it's going to be Jason or whatever from that City Of Bones or what not. Already started happening. Now her new movie The Host is going to have even MORE moms lusting over teenagers. Completely disgusting. If they were men the women here would want them in prison. But no, it's ok for a 40 year old woman to think 17 year old Taylor Llama Boy is the hottest thing on the planet...

Quoting mlg1989:

Wait... being adults means you cant like reading books?

Quoting AntzMom24:

TattoodMommy19
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:55 PM
I enjoy all kinds. :)
Fantasy is my favorite, ever since my dad gave me my first set of LOTR when I was 8.
My favorite series so far is the Xanth novels, Demons Don't Dream being the favorite of the series.
I like Tim Dorsey for realistic fiction. He has a humor in his writing that I just love.

Quoting AnnieMcD:

What???

Hmmm ... to each their own I suppose. What kinds of books do you normally enjoy?

Quoting TattoodMommy19:

The books sucked.

SUCKED

I have no desire to see the movies.

AnnieMcD
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:55 PM
2 moms liked this
First ... the main audience for movies as a whole are teens and 20-somethings, that's why they get brought to the big screen. Second, comparing Hunger Games to Twilight is like comparing Harry Potter to Dick and Jane. They might be for the same audience, but there's a vast difference in the quality.

Quoting AntzMom24:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN