Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
I can't wait!!!

Have you read the books?
Have you heard the audiobooks?
Did you watch the first movie?
What are your thoughts? Love them, hate them, totally indifferent?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:29 PM
Replies (41-50):
colins_mom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:55 PM
I read.all 3 books a week.before the movie.came out and then saw the movie. I am super excited for catching fire
liveforever
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:55 PM
I'm glad I don't have to wait as long for that one!

Quoting AnnieMcD:

The Host was much better than any of the Twilight books. By far. I can't wait for that movie either.

Quoting liveforever:

I never read Twilight but I thought her new book was really good. Plus that one was geared more for adults. Either way its just entertainment!

Quoting AntzMom24:

Ugh... Another teen series on the big screen. A lot of them are coming soon too. Just when I thought that stupid Stephanie Meyer was finally out of the movie business. Aren't we supposed to be grown adults? SMH. 

AntzMom24
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:55 PM

If you want that kind of entertainment you can always go to your teenager's school with her/him for a day. :) 

Quoting liveforever:

I never read Twilight but I thought her new book was really good. Plus that one was geared more for adults. Either way its just entertainment!

Quoting AntzMom24:

Ugh... Another teen series on the big screen. A lot of them are coming soon too. Just when I thought that stupid Stephanie Meyer was finally out of the movie business. Aren't we supposed to be grown adults? SMH. 

AnnieMcD
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:56 PM
Taylor Lautner was legal in the movies, and he was pretty hot. The actors aren't teens, almost ever. And yeah, a lot of people took the Twilight thing way, Way, WAY too far, but for the most part it's innocent fun.

Quoting AntzMom24:

No no no no. The Twilight Moms who are gaga over Edward and Jacob. Disgusting. Soon it's going to be Jason or whatever from that City Of Bones or what not. Already started happening. Now her new movie The Host is going to have even MORE moms lusting over teenagers. Completely disgusting. If they were men the women here would want them in prison. But no, it's ok for a 40 year old woman to think 17 year old Taylor Llama Boy is the hottest thing on the planet...

Quoting mlg1989:

Wait... being adults means you cant like reading books?

Quoting AntzMom24:

DonnaNoble
by Platinum Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:56 PM
I read the books and saw the movie. Loved them all. When does Catching Fire come out?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AntzMom24
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:57 PM

LOL He just turned 16 in the first Twilight.... 

Quoting AnnieMcD:

Taylor Lautner was legal in the movies, and he was pretty hot. The actors aren't teens, almost ever. And yeah, a lot of people took the Twilight thing way, Way, WAY too far, but for the most part it's innocent fun.

Quoting AntzMom24:

No no no no. The Twilight Moms who are gaga over Edward and Jacob. Disgusting. Soon it's going to be Jason or whatever from that City Of Bones or what not. Already started happening. Now her new movie The Host is going to have even MORE moms lusting over teenagers. Completely disgusting. If they were men the women here would want them in prison. But no, it's ok for a 40 year old woman to think 17 year old Taylor Llama Boy is the hottest thing on the planet...

Quoting mlg1989:

Quoting AntzMom24:

AnnieMcD
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:57 PM
If you like Epic Fantasy you should check out The Name of the Wind and The Wise Man's Fear both by Patrick Rothfuss. Best. Books. EVER.

Quoting TattoodMommy19:

I enjoy all kinds. :)

Fantasy is my favorite, ever since my dad gave me my first set of LOTR when I was 8.

My favorite series so far is the Xanth novels, Demons Don't Dream being the favorite of the series.

I like Tim Dorsey for realistic fiction. He has a humor in his writing that I just love.

Quoting AnnieMcD:

What???

Hmmm ... to each their own I suppose. What kinds of books do you normally enjoy?

Quoting TattoodMommy19:

The books sucked.

SUCKED

I have no desire to see the movies.

mlg1989
by ZombieMegg on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:57 PM
Yup! OMG I love Ceasar!! Stanley Tucci is a perfect Flickerman!! I loved him in Jack the Giant Slayer too but we wont change the subject! Lol
Yeah I cant help nerding out when it comes to The Hunger Games, I wasnt really into it when it first came out and resisted the trend but the movie was due to come out so i decided to read the trilogy before seeing any movie. SO glad I did. I really really unexpectedly LOVED the series! I think it was very well written and the suspense!!!!! GAHH I love it! Mockingjay was rather slow at the beginning and I hated the ending. I still feel like she never appreciated Peeta and loved him like he deserved to be loved!!! Lol

Quoting AnnieMcD:

Exactly. I'm glad they gave that exposition to Cesar Flickerman. It made a lot more sense. And then when I was watching the movie with Husband I didn't have to get into what a Tracker-Jacker is, cause hey, Cesar's explaining for me!

Quoting mlg1989:

Agreed. Many complained about the movie but i was like "how do you expect them to act out what Katniss is thinking, thats the majority of the book is her contemplating in her mind?" No one ever answers me after that. Haters will just keep hating lol!

Quoting AnnieMcD:

I'm really pleased with how they adapted the book.

Quoting LilliesValley:

Loved the books, read all three in two days. The first movie was pretty good. I'm looking forward to the next movie.

AnnieMcD
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:58 PM
16 is legal in most states...

Quoting AntzMom24:

LOL He just turned 16 in the first Twilight.... 

Quoting AnnieMcD:

Quoting AntzMom24:

Quoting mlg1989:

Quoting AntzMom24:

MamaRae85
by *you're on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:58 PM

LOL I was super confused as to why you were so excited. I was like "Well, yeah, I read that a year ago. How are you just now getting to it?". I'm such a dork. I realize you're talking about the movie. lol

I'm probably going to wait til it comes out on video, like I did with the first one. I really liked it, but not quite enough to brave the rabid fans.  =)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)